Saturday, September 25, 2010

LFW DAY TWO!

*Pour yourself a cuppa & get some cookies also , its a long one but I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did living it!

As I woke up at 8.00am ready for another day full of shows & events, my hangover couldnt have been worse! I immediatley went to the kitchen where lucky for me my house mate was preparing breakfast , she handed me 3 nurofen and a bottle of lucozade and had me on my way back to good health. Nothing like a day full of fashion to cure a hangover I thought and I began to get ready to head down to somserset house as I had a ticket to a private breakfast where famed photographer Rankin was shooting a photo shoot live for us all to view over croissants! Outfit 1 for the day consisted of my favorite vintage leather trousers , paired with my new favorite wardrobe staple - a sheer oversized white shirt from H&M which I then layered with a vintage Levi's D.J (Denim Jacket - its all about the acronyms you know hehe) and a faux-fur stole - also from H&M - I was loving today's look and was welcomed by the bright sun and chill in the air! I steadily made my way over to the Somerset Terrace where I attended a private breakfast/live photo shoot with Photographer Extraordinaire RANKIN! The shoot was of real women of different races and different body shapes & was quite inspiring to see how each woman was beautiful in her own way & totally owned her look & wowed the camera & the fashion pack!
After a quick coffee and croissant I made a mad dash into a cab to head over to the Louise Gray show. Louise Gray's collections are always colourful & quirky , slightly an eye-sore to look at but when you break down the pieces they become really fun & can be quite wearable (kinda), I've spent a few nights out drinking with Louise on the east london gay scene so I was looking forward to see what she had in store for the season! As I took my second row seat I was suddenly overwhelmed by colour! Streamers! Bottle tops! A pair of clear PVC shorts filled with bubble beans you would find in a bean bag! At closer inspection it made me want to take the shorts straight off the runway & shimmy them onto the dance floor! An OTT collection to be sure , but definitley some fun pieces that take a bit of cheek & humour to wear in real life!
The show came to a close and before i knew it I had to make a mad dash to the 'It show' of the morning , Sienna & Savannah Miller's label Twenty8Twelve. As I approached to the venue with my fabulous friend Marta (who was down to represent the Italian fashion magazine she works for) we couldnt help but notice the amazingly fashionable gorgeous people. The Vogue team pulled up in their black range rovers and with every inch of grace made their way into the shows , clad in shearling , slouchy knits and hiking boots (already ticking off all the key AW trends) for the mere mortals who had to wait in the cold as the VIP's were ushered through (myself included) it was a fashion feast for the eyes. As supermodel Jacquetta Wheeler walked in suddenly it made waiting in the cold easier and as Matthew Williamson & Jude Law strode in together I almost thought I was going to die. Words could not form from my mouth - Jude Law is beyond hot , the man is purely beautiful. He took my breath away. As I continued to wait I continuously was being snapped by bloggers and press making me hope my outfit must be saying the right things. As we finally entered waiting for the show to begin I couldnt help but admire Matthew & Jude in the front row. Designer Williamson in his cyrillian blue knit (which made me think of that scene in Devil Wears Prada ) & Jude in his check suit & bowler hat and just enough stubble, he looked effortlessly cool in a way that only Jude Law can!Before I knew it the lights went down low & the show began. The thing with twenty8twelve is the girls make such beautiful clothes that girls are going to want to wear. Though there may be nothing revolutionary in the design nor are they particurlarly fashion forward they remain effortlessly chic and in a time when everyone is going GAGA its nice to see a feminine collection that I could myself see my fabulous girlfriends dying to wear! My favorite looks included a show stopping leopard print hourglass dress , leopard print pencil skirt & a suede camel short paired with a white blouse & black bow combo - so chic , so carefree , so Sienna!When Sienna came out at the end , hand in hand with Savannah she took my breath away more so than Jude did. The girl is glowing and her 'just rolled out of bed in this' carefree attitude makes her sexier than ever! She epitomises UK chic (along with Miss.Moss) & its been a dream for me to spot Sienna in the UK and suddenly another dream had come true! It was so surreal!
As I made my way back to Somerset House I had some time to kill so thought i'd check my email in the 'blogger bar' - in saying that its crazy to see how far blogging has come and how recognised bloggers are in the fashion industry now - as i logged into my account I opened an email that was about to change my life. A few days prior to LFW had begun I had just started working with a fabulous new client Natalia Grace , a presenter for Nokia TV. A rising talent she's interviewed the likes of Rihanna, Pamela Anderson & Ed Westwick and it just so happened that one of her best friends was MTV Presenter Laura Whitmore. As Natalia & I had our first meeting over coffee , discussing where we lived , Natalia thought it was funny that I lived on the same road as her friend , when she told me it was Laura it made things seem slightly destined to be. I had met Laura before , at the Kylie Minogue Tous event & remembered being blown away by her stunning eyes and blonde bombshell effect she has. I remember saying to myself 'I would kill for a client like her' but convinced she had a stylist I didnt approach the situation. Natalia informed me she hadn't and then gave Laura a sterling recommendation on me following our meeting and so it was that I recieved the email from Laura saying she had seen my styling work with Natalia, was very impressed & would love for us to work together! As I read the email I could barely breathe & almost started to cry. 'This is it' I thought - the client I had been waiting for was about to become my official client. My hands went shaky & I made my way outside. As I did another life changing encounter accured. My friend , socialite Henry Conway , who I had bumped into a few times over LFW was around somerset house filming a pilot for a program being pitched as a behind the scenes of London Fashion Week. As we got talking his producer approached me 'Who are you young man?' he asked , 'My Names Denis , I work in PR & am a Stylist' , 'You look like an interesting character, you should be on television' he replied. I laughed 'I dunno , I'm just little Deni' I replied embarrasingly. 'Do you mind If we mic you up & film you as you take a look at the fashion around somerset house, we could do you & henry looking about together?' , he askedI was quite overwhelmed but thought 'Hey why the hell not' and before I knew it a camera crew was in my face and Henry & I were walking through the exhibitions of somerset house in a very Paris&Nicole type of way. We chatted fashion & Henry interviewed me on the importance of British Fashion to the industry. 30mins later we wrapped the filming & the producer told me to give me his details & with a 'We'll be in touch...' they were off! I couldnt believe what had happened & I needed to stand by the terrace to take this all in! Before I could get over the headspin & how surreal it all was, my blackberry went off - it was my first text from Laura.
She had just arrived to attend a show & wanted to catch up for a pre-show drink so we could meet. Before I knew it I walked over the to laid-black yet glamorous Somerset House Terrace Marquee Restaurant/Bar & as I made my way over there she was. In a gorgeous black dress & leather skirt , her trademark red lipstick & gorgeous blonde locks welcomed me with a big hug! "I saw you from a distance & hoped that you were you , you look so fabulous" were the first things she said to me & as we both sat down I felt as though we had met in another life 'as they say' as we just immediatley clicked. I've been lucky enough to meet some fabulous celebrities since I've been here , but when I sat opposite Laura is was suddenly evident that she had 'x-factor' her eyes glowed and she had an aura about her that just makes you want to be her friend. I kept myself contained & as we chatted clothing , her schedule and how funny it is that we both live literally a block down the road from each other , i just knew that this was going to be not only an amazing client to work with but something told me a beautiful friendship would soon follow. As we got up to head to the John Rocha show together , we had a quick banter about which brands we both like, as we approached the tents something happened to me that i'm not quite used to. It has to be said that yes during LFW there are hoards of photographers & bloggers snapping the fashpack as they come in & out of shows and I myself have been snapped already a few times. However there is a difference between being snapped for your style and being papped because of who you are, now most of my clients are not as well known as Laura and as we began walking to the show together we were immediatley stopped by paparazzi 'Could we get a picture' they asked 'Of course' Laura replied and like a true star her arm was around my waist while the other placed tactfully on her hip and before I knew it we were both posing for the cameras. As we walked into the show two camera crews followed us in as we discussed our love for Sass & Bide. I didnt realise how well known she was in the UK , the fact that the girl is on MTV 5 days a week you'd think I would have clicked! To say my head was spinning is an understatement. How all of this is happening to little old me is beyond me. Suddenly I felt like maybe my hard work was paying off! As the clock struck 5.30 the John Rocha show begun (fashionably 20minutes late) and a collection of , what I call , a mixture of Gothic & Angelic Brides , strode down the runway as large hats, lace & black silk made up most of the collection!
The show was gorgeous but literally as soon as it finished I ran to a cab and made my way to my humble beginnings, Diesel New Bond Street for a Fashion Week event to Launch the Sophia Kokosolaki Diesel Black Gold range in conjuction with AnOther magazine. There was something really nice about being surrounded by my Diesel family after a day of fashion flurry! However suddenly both my worlds collided and as various fashion editors from Glamour, Marie Claire & Harpers Bazaar strode in I was caught in this parallel universe of dancing with my Diesel family whilst partying on down with girls from LOOK magazine! The event was a success & as I made my way home I bumped into a gorgeous girl I had been eyeing up over the past few days. I'd seen her at all the same shows I had been too & loved her style. As I asked her for directions we got talking & again suddenly just clicked , before I could say another word the two of us and her friend were on our way to a LFW party were Joel Madden was the guest DJ! Needless to say , the night concluded in dancing up a storm to an amazing set of tunes & making my glamorous way home at 4am! Only to be up the next morning to do it all over again! Even at 4am as I lay in bed my head drowning in the evenings over consumption of Grey Goose , I couldnt wipe the smile off my face. Sienna Miller, being filmed & landing a beautiful (and potentially life changin) client , all in 24 hours! I couldnt wait to wake up & see what Day 3 had in store! xoxo Deni

1 comment:

  1. OMG, Loving your blog D Ive read every post, you have an amazing way with words. by the way, I look awful in that pic!!! but you are Fab x

    ReplyDelete