Thursday, September 9, 2010

VOGUE'S FASHION NIGHT OUT!

As the rain made way for a clear sky and day turned into night, London's fashionista's hit the pavement to make their way to the pre-fashion week bonanza that is Vogue's Fashion Night Out. Vogue's FNO is a collaboration between Vogue and Designer stores who put together various special events over the course of the night to celebrate the one thing we all love more than life - FASHION! As I closed my brolly (I dont care how light the rain was , rain and velvet blazers dont mix) and made my way to Liberty's to meet my fash pack , fellow PR colleagues Alex & Helena , my bestie Choush playing the Pyrus Princess and fellow friend and blogger the darling Lora. First event of the evening was Manolo Blahnik and Yasmin Le Bon opening the new shoe emporium in conjunction with the collaboration between Mr.Blahnik & Liberty's.
As guests waited patiently Cristina Blahnik (Manolo's daughter) came out to apologise to us all.
I've met her before at the TOUS/Kylie event and she was as graceful as ever, rocking some seriously fabulous Manolo's - could you imagine being the daughter of MB - freaking crazy!Once we finally entered it was liking into the gates of shoe heaven. Surrounded by Blahnik archives - the classic patent mary jane (remember that scene in SATC when Carrie strokes the 'urban shoe myth' in the Vogue fashion cupboard) and strappy gold stiletto's sat along side Manolo's styles created in Liberty's fine printed silks and cottons. As the modest man in the purple suit sat at his throne the throngs of girls surrounded him - he is a true fashion icon
Manolo in our presence was the perfect way to start the evening and it was off to the next location. Emporio Armani where editor of Vogue Alexandra Schulman and Giorgio Armani were hosting a cocktail party. As we approached the store I could see the masses of paparazzi surrounding the store and as I walked to the entrance I wondered why the bulbs began to flush till I suddenly realised Giorgio Armani was a little bit more than 5 metres in front of me. His small frame and shining white hair stood out against his perma-tan complexion and I couldnt believe I was amongst yet another fashion icon. For one of the first times in my life I couldnt even think to pull out my camera I was just so overwhelmed by who was standing metres infront of me. This was Giorgio-Fucking-Armani the Italian God of Fashion. Soaking up my Armani surroundings before I could catch my breath it was off to Stella McCartney. Upon my arrival I managed to spot Gwenyth Paltrow make her way on in, leggy, blonde and fabulous!
It was strange to think that almost a year ago now I stood in the very same store speaking to Stella McCartney when I crashed her private party - god i've had some crazy times! Trip down memory lane over it was off the Matthew Williamson next door where african drummers greeted us upon entry - the perfect combination with the Williamson tribal inspired collection Upon soaking up the atmosphere at Matthew Williamson it was well and truly time to hit the party everyone wanted to be on the list for - LOUIS VUITTON! Model/DJ & all round fashion it girl Alice Dellal was guest DJ for the night and as we strutted across Bond St & towards Vuitton I felt like U2's 'City of Blinding Lights' needed to be in the background & suddenly I felt like Anne Hathaway in Devil Wears Prada. Little Deni from the G was attending Vogue's Vuitton Party.
A minute before I entered the doors of Vuitton Alice quickly popped out for a cigarette break at which case the paparazzi went mad , I tried not to act a fool as I have a serious style crush on this girl , she just oozes 'I dont give a fuck cool' and as she quickly sucked away at her nicottine she was back in the venue to keep doing her thing on the decks and keep everyone dancing...The new Vuitton store in itself is amazing - breathtaking is more the word. With its high ceilings and wall to wall array of luggage , bags , scarfs , visual merchandising beyond compare it is a feast for the eyes and beyond incredible - combine this with being surrounded by beautiful people , the fine crop of models , actors/actresses and style elite of London and Alice Delall spinning Peaches and Beth Ditto on the decks and you have yourself a pretty bangin event!

Add a perfect selection of free cocktails and just the right around of mingling and people watching, the night ended with a smile on my fashion obsessed face! As I made my way back home through the streets of London , I had to stop to take in the evening and as I stood there with London's bright lights behind me the night continued to move forward. Another fashion adventure has been had and with fashion week just around the corner there's plenty more to come! After a night of fashion icons , models and exclusive parties it is still surreal that this is all happening to me! A little boy with big fashion dreams in the big city! Cheers to that xoxo Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment