Thursday, November 24, 2011

LFW - Neon, Mermaids and the day I met ADR

*Hey Readers, once again apologies for the gap between blogs but one has been very very busy! However buckle up and get ready for some reading...enjoy!

As Day 3 swung around I felt the need to inject some colour and a bit of fun into my LFW wardrobe. Last season I got the biggest kick out of wearing my vintage neon pink neoprene trousers (which a week later ended up appearing in Jil Sander form on their runway during
MFW -fashion psychic perhaps?) this season however it was a printed oversized shirt in an array of neon colours that caught my eye while parousing the racks of Beyond Retro. Paired down with some white J Brands (THE best jeans in the world) and my neon converse I added a lolly green suede envelope bag from American Apparel and stacked a pink watch against my blue watch! To add to the effect I decided to channel my inner-becks an add Blue Polish! Voila!
I met my little ray of sunshine Miss. Laura Whitmore at the Vauxhaull Fashion Scout Venue (Freemasons Hall - Covent Garden) for the first show of the day, the luxe 'Izmaylova'. Clacking her heels down the pavement she squealed 'Aah your outfit makes me smile'. Meeting our friend the lovely Jewellery Princess Amber Atherton (check out her fabulous jewellery online store www.myflashtrash.com) at the door she too smiled at the ensemble 'I have to take a picture of this so when I'm feeling sad it makes me smile' - happy to make my girls smile this is just what fashion should feel like - FUN! On we went in taking our seats to board the 'Izmaylova Express' the runway was to look like a train station, its guests ready to hop onto a fashion-train ride of silk, sequins, feathers and the sort of luxury usually seen on the catwalks of Milan & Paris. Beautiful cuts & embellishment there were definitely some HOT red carpet frocks on show!

After our flurry of feathers we made our way over to catch the presentation of one of our favorite shoe brands Charlotte Olympia (designed by Charlotte Dellal). Inspired by the beach, mermaids and sea shells we were welcomed by gorgeous models lounging on sunbeds on the faux-beach in gorgeous C'Olympia heels! It was especially fun as I got Laura in two pairs of Charlotte's shoes over the course of LFW so we were ready to see what next season had in store!
I especially loved the palm tree print with wrought iron heels - a true work of fine fashion art!
About 20minutes into the presentation I noticed a certain someone walk through the door. This certain someone was none other than one of my GREATEST fashion Hero's the incredible Editor of Vogue Japan Anna Dello Russo. I had seen ADR a few times last season when she graced the front rows of Julien Macdonald and Kinder Aggugini however this was my first ADR spotting of the season! Dressed in demure-yet-chic white tuxedo with a citrus Bottega Venetta clutch in hand she breezed her way through the room without fuss and though she commanded every ones attention - a legend was in the room after all - you could feel just how down to earth she was by her presence. It was at this moment that I knew I had to introduce myself to this Fashion Great! Tapping her on the shoulder 'Anna, hi my name is Denis and I just have to say that you are one of my hero's, you're so inspiring' , 'Ah, thankyou' she said , 'What do you do?' , 'I'm a Stylist and Blogger' , 'Ah Si very good' she replied. Being in her presence just made me feel even more inspired to follow my fashion dream and one day achieve the greatness that ADR has.
Happy as a boy on Christmas morning we left the presentation and I parted ways with Whit to make my last show - one of my favorites of the season - Mark Fast! Best known for his body con dresses that when seen on the hanger look like kidswear but once on body form hugs every curve in all the right places , it was time to see what this genius had up his sleeve this season!
He didn't dissapoint with another collection inspired by the sea he sent out Mark Fast Mermaids in bright corals, citrus yellows, neon pink paired down with gold, ivory and a finale of black in his signature knit body hugging creations! This was a collection that bought sexy back! After a day of neon, under-the-sea inspirations and the highlight of my LFW (meeting Anna Dello Rosso) it was nice to see that my Neon ensemble was not only appreciated by my friends but my peers in the industry also - as I found myself appearing in the next days LFW Daily Street Style pages!
With the caption 'Brightest by Far' featuring in The Daily is always the biggest compliment to your LFW wardrobe! xoxo Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment