Monday, April 19, 2010

22 IN LONDON TOWN - MY BDAY FESTIVITIES!

Turning 22 kind of felt like it would be a nothing year , 18 is big , 21 is huge but 22 is just 22 nothing ground breaking. However I was in London and starting a new independent life so that's what 22 will forever mean to me. I was woken up on the 1st of April 2010 by a suprise Michelle had perfectly orchestrated. At the front door - waiting for me - was a brand new sewing machine, topped off with a pink bow. Tears immediatley began to stream - she knew how much I wanted and needed a sewing machine , as its the only way i'm going to be able to start sewing some samples up and get a start on my debut collection, she even called my mum back home to figure out what sewing machine I had at home and got not the same one but a model above! The girls had planned the perfect day and as we sipped our vodka lemonades at - 11am - hey its London after all - and after an impromptu photo shoot we set up in the living room, we were off! For the occasion I chose to wear some WHITE SUEDE skinny's I ripped up , my COMME rolling stones tee and a hooded leather jacket I borrowed off Bonnie , layered with a grey sweat - complete with military boots , beanie (you can never predict london weather) and my new KAVIAR GUACHE studded cuff a present from my lovely friend Rachel Lubin! This cuff is SIK!

We then began our walk into Camden Town, where the girls had a day of vintage shopping and drinking in mind - the perfect combination really. First stop was Hawley Arms - also known as Amy Winehouses's local and where she was first discovered. There was no Miss.Wino but there was jagerbombs, vodka lemonade and a pint of chips and mayo to start of my bday adventures.

we then headed off to do some vintage shopping where i found an amazing vintage leather jacket for 10 POUNDS! Am.az.ing - bonnie bought it for me as my bday present bless her! We then went to a pub kept drinking , met these two random gay boys who were the funniest boys ever - and before you know it we were all partying together till 4am from pub to club to another bar the dancing didnt stop and it was the best first bday in London ever. The weekend however awaited its festivites. My closest girlfriends and I were all dressed up and ready to head over to the exclusive club 24 in Soho for my VIP birthday night out! We had some pre drinks @ Mich's
Then Charlotte gave me my present which was a gorgeous silver engraved framed picture of us!
Some vodka in our system it was off to the club , where we downed Belvedere in our VIP booth and danced the night away to the likes of Jay Z , Rihanna , Kanye West and many urban beats.
Altogether much fun had by all , an amazing Birthday in London town - big thankyou to the girls! xoxo Deni













No comments:

Post a Comment