Wednesday, June 9, 2010

1 WEEK. 3 EVENTS - FIRST UP ASOS MAGAZINE LAUNCH!

Life in the PR world is full of events , in Fashion PR especially! So last Wednesday evening after another crazy busy day at the office it was off to mix a little business with pleasure at the ASOS Magazine Launch Party. ASOS.com Is an online store - the success of stores like Asos, Net-a-porter.com & My-wardrobe.com proves one thing - online shopping is on the rise , and though I'm not always a huge fan of it - I am one of those , dare I say "old fashioned" people that loves nothing more than going in a store feeling the fabric in my hands , seeing the sparkle shine up close and lets not forgetting trying on a beautiful garment and prefer to shop the 'old fashioned' way however it is quite convenient knowing that I - now in the 21st century - also have the option of doing it in my Emporio Armani jocks whilst in bed! ASOS.com however has now launched a magazine and is expanding itself into the fashion world at large and smartly so! When I recieved the invitation one thing stood out to me *Guest DJ Leigh Lezark - with that I was already selecting my outfit for the occasion! Leigh Lezark has a special place in my heart! Based in New York , Leigh is the hottest DJ in the fashion world , apart from the fact that she is now a fashion icon-celebrity in her own right (the girl has amazing style) she's hand selected by Marc Jacobs & Karl Lagerfeld for almost every party they throw and has also modelled for Karl Lagerfeld. While in Paris during fashion week she caught my eye walking out of the Chanel show in an amazing Chanel printed knit jumpsuit - I remember thinking - WOW now that girl is cool!I never imagined our paths would cross, then a month ago I had the pleasure of styling her for Diesel. She was one of the most down to earth celebs i've so far come across and as we sat on the floor editing my choices for her we giggled and talked about our love for St.Tropez and Chanel! It was such a fun experience yet once again I never thought i'd see her again - then the ASOS invite came my way and it looked like our paths would cross again! I walked from the office to the venue, the exclusive Club24 in Soho (and also where I had my 22nd bday) and from sunlight into the club. ASOS covers featuring Leigh Lezark, Kristen Stewart & Lea Michele on entrance
My workmate Alex and I were handed Bellini's on arrival and quickly took our place in a VIP booth. A blessing and a curse with fashion events is all the free alcohol , especially when you've had that busy a day, that you're not sure whether you stopped for lunch or not - so 3 bellini's-on-an-empty-stomach later I was slightly tipsy. The crowd was a mixture of the on trend ASOS Fashion team , stylish bloggers and all the fashion girls & boys from rhe hottest PR Agency's & magazines across London. In Dior & Studs my look was glunge (glam-grunge) the Deni way!
While chilling in VIP I met Pauline , a stunning American-Asian girl living in London we both completed each others outfits and bonded while talking cheating-boyfriends and Sex & the City over a Bellini or 3! What I love about London is you just never know when you'll make a new friend! After another drink & playing with sunglasses with Pauline's friend, Leigh finally arrived!As she began playing her set we immediatley hit that dance floor. Flown in from New York especially for this event , I couldnt believe how lucky I was to be dancing to a Leigh Lezark set! She mixed old school hip hop with Lady GaGa, MGMT & Prince in the coolest way possible! As she looked to the crowd I caught her eye and we exchanged a smile 'I wonder if she remembers me' I thought , and with that I decided that I might not get this chance again and walked right through security and into the DJ booth. "Leigh" I said and before I could continue my sentence "Denis how are you?" she replied and took her headphones down to give me a hug. *Oh my god she remembers my name* I thought *Ok keep cool Deni* soon followed. "I'm good honey how are you?" , "Literally crazy, just flew in for the event and flying out tomorrow morning straight after". There she was wearing an amazing black Dolce & Gabbana corset dress and before I knew it we were chatting about Gaga's new video , NY fashion & then I just hung out with her as she did her thing in the booth. An hour later it was hugs and kisses and an exchange of emails!

Back on the dancefloor I continued to dance it up till Leigh's set was over and as I walked out into the busy streets of a Wednesday night in London , just the perfect amount of tipsy, I couldnt help but smile as I hailed a cab (no night bus for me tonight) feeling slightly Carrie Bradshaw esque and sat my stud print InsideOut skinny jeans down, I looked out at the city of blinding lights then down at my blackberry grinning at Leigh Lezark's personal email address beaming from the screen - how this is all really happening is beyond me but im sure glad it is! xoxo Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment