Wednesday, March 16, 2011

LFW DAY 4...

As Day 4 of LFW rolled around , I decided it was time to don some fabulous vintage corduroy animal printed trousers - bought for a tenner I paired it with my leather and wool jumper from H&M and some studded ASH trainers, my look was all about texture with urban elements...
The first 2 shows of the day were on back to back and I couldn't have been more excited. David Koma & Holly Fulton are two of fashion's hottest names and I was ready to see what they had in
store for this season. As I made my way in to the over subscribed show I was forced to stand by the front next to the lovely Felder sisters. I complimented them on a fabulous show and we spent the next 15minutes exchanging feedback on what we were seeing. What we saw with Koma was a brilliant display of laser cut leather with a punch of colour in the form of fur-ball trimmed jackets and dresses. The silhouettes and varied use of fabric were really inspiring...
...as the David Koma show ended I was ready and raring to see the Holly Fulton show. Her art-deco prints and use of colour and embellishment always makes her collection's one of my favorites - this season was no different. As the first look , a combination of yellow leather and black suede made me immediately smile however it was when the second model came out , after a few strides of the runway then took off her painful Louboutin stilleto's because the poor girl just couldn't walk - the effect was brilliant as she strutted down with a 'dont give a fuck' vibe...
The rest of the collection included lots of texture - studs , spikes , fur , suede , velvet , leather , silk, patent leather and a whole lot of attitude. Yet again Holly Fulton put on an amazing show and received a roaring cheer from the audience and when you're standing in a crowded tent but you don't even care because of the amazing fashion that is before you - you know you're on to a good thing , this shy scottish designer continues to prove herself and is one to keep on watching...
As I walked out of Somerset House , once again inspired I quickly made my way to the tube to head to the Topshop show space by Monument to head to the Michael Van Der Ham show hungry as always lucky for me Grazia had little helpers handing out healthy snacks for all to eat while waiting in the fash-pack line, sultanas and nuts never seemed so appealing...
Another hot new name to watch Michael Van Der Ham served up a collection of crushed velvet in jewel colors , proving once again that colour and texture were going to be a big part of winter!

When I headed back to Somerset House I stopped off at the Cabinet stand to see my gorgeous friends who create gorgeous embellished collars and once again their range was too beautiful for words. Their attention to detail and one of a kind craftsmanship make their pieces ever so spesh!
The beauty of Cabinet's range was just what I needed to cap off my evening before the last day of London Fashion Week...xoxo Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment