Sunday, March 6, 2011

LFW - DAY TWO....

...as I woke up with my blood stream still flowing with Grey Goose , I looked out into the grey London sky and decided to layer up for Day 2 of LFW. Deciding to allow myself a few luxuries I called myself a cab and made my way into Central London for my first show of the day... opting for faux-fur and a bit of bling (courtesy of the fabulous Merle O'Grady) I channeled an urban-luxury look to disguise my hideous hangover - I was hoping for a fashion moment to cure me and that's exactly what I got. When I arrived at the Old Sorting Offices of New Oxford Street for the Belle Sauvage show I took my second row seat only to realise this was the same space I saw the Twenty8Twelve show last season - one of my favorite spaces it has a real warehouse feel to it. I was invited to the show with out really knowing much about the designers so with anticipation I waited , hopefully , for a little fashion magic to happen. As the lights went low the music begun or rather the sounds of what to be quite frank sounded like a female orgasm - pulsated over the sound system. Suddenly underground techno music begun and a model wearing a heavy large circle head piece made her way down the runway and suddenly I wasintrigued. The looks that proceeded were all quite 80s inspired , strong shoulder pads , metallic and printed leather with chain adorned shoes. Definitely what I needed to cure my hangover! Following a dose of dark glamour I hopped back into a cab and on my way into Covent Garden for what was sure to be colourful glee from Louise Gray. This quirky designer's show was one of the first I worked back in my internship days at Goodley PR. Her shows are always packed full of fun and put together with a large dose of eccentric humour so I was really looking forward to what she had in store this season. As I made my way in , even with a seated ticket the space was absolutely packed and I was forced to stand a top a speaker , funnily enough right next to Louise's husband. As the show started the energy in the room was incredible and the first look featured a model wearing what seemed to be an oversized balloon strapped to her head - its all about the headgear today! Every look that followed was bright , colourful and balloon fuelled-fun! As the girls did their final march and Louise came out for a quick appearance to a roar of applause. I looked over at her husband and he had tears in his eyes, beaming with pride it was the sweetest part of the show for me, her biggest fan cheering from the sidelines - so sweet!I left the show full of smiles and made my way over to Somerset House for my final show of the day John Rocha. It holds a very special place in my heart as last season I met my lovely Laura Whitmore pre-the John Rocha show and that was when we sealed the deal - so today was our anniversary of sorts. I went over to meet her for a quick drink pre-show and we made our way into the tent. John Rocha dished up what he does best - his signature silhouette of cinched in waists with exploding skirts in a-line and tulip styles featured his always veil like hats and headwear in a collection that consisted of a mostly black , white , nude with hints of red and the always John Rocha fur capelets and shrugs. It was a lovely way to end the afternoon & Laura and I went over for another few drinks at the bar to unqind and discuss plans for the eve ahead! ...as I made my way home it was time to round up some friends and get ready to head over to the Belle Sauvage after party taken place at chic Mayfair hot spot Sketch. Like most fashion parties there was an abundance of free alcohol , the usual fashion crowd and some serious tunage blaring from the DJ's decks. As the Vodka Cranberry flowed we decided to make our way into Soho for a night of dancing, being in the mix fashion folk followed by partying with close friends was a perfect combination and an ideal way to end Saturday night of LFW......for updates on Days 3-5 stay tuned xoxo Deni




No comments:

Post a Comment