Friday, January 22, 2010

DIET COKE DETOX CONTINUED & A DOSE OF PRADA!

It has been approximatley 106 hours since Diet Coke slipped through my lips and poured down into my throat and suprisingly I'm still alive. I have to admit the juice thing is really starting to benefit me in more ways then one. Juice , for example , is amazing with breakfast. I've known this all my life but continued to drink DC every morning. A nice tall glass of Tropical Fruit Juice compliments my toasted sandwich in the a.m so much more. Juice is also amazing for your digestive system and is full of 'good sugars' or so i've been told - perhaps I should research that. So i'm pleased to report that with only 2 days left of my detox , I think i'm gonna be ok!
Now my week has been mostly work consumed , however I did have a day off on Wednesday. As I looked through my window the rain pouring from the London sky made me want to stay in bed all day , but me being me wasnt about to let a free day go past without doing some kind of exploring. I decided to head into the Westfield Shopping complex as I haven't been since I got here and mostly because its all under cover safe from the rain. I slipped into my vintage Versace sweater and my ripped Cheap Mondays but felt the need to brighten up this all black winter look. I layered my jeans over my Vintage Striped trousers I bought from Absolute Vintage. The result - altough slightly uncomfortable , layering skinny jeans over ballooned style trousers is like trying to squeeze a watermelon into a banana peel - however , was just what I wanted!
As I walked into Westfield it once again hit me how different Westfield Australia is to this complex in London. It caters to everyones budget , from Vuitton to H&M. As I walked passed the Prada store , the window displays lured me in. As I walked through the spacious store I made my way to the Menswear destination where a 'Prada Backpack' caught my attention. I couldnt help but giggle a little (perhaps one day I should purchase a Prada Backpack , it seems only right). I was soon then lured over to the new collection mens ready to wear and two particular peices stood out to me. A silk wool mesh style cardigan and vest top. At first glance they seemed kinda odd but they had potential in my eyes. I took them to the fab change rooms!
The vest top would look fantastic layered over a white tee , black tee or white shirt. I love this peice! The cardigan was on another level of beautiful. The perfect steel-grey colour, this peice really made you appreciate the quality of the fabric. The length of the sleeve was perfect too!
The two peices looked amazing layered together and I noticed they were displayed that way on the runway when I got home and checked the full collection once again , online. At just over 400pounds for the vest and over 600pounds for the cardigan these goodies didnt leave with me that afternoon , however they inspired me to a. keep an eye out for this trend hitting the high street or b. find similar fabric and whip my own up! They were definitley beautiful peices! I continued to walk around Westfield but suddenly felt rather un-inspired. There's something too sterile about shopping centres and I much prefer to walk around quaint little areas discovering unique little stores. Going to Westfield felt how I imagine it would feel walking into a brothel - its all there served on a platter for you, no discovery of your own - now wheres the fun in that. I headed home to have some dinner with Ben and it was back to work the next day. Tonight i'm going out for drinks with Ben and a few friends and i'm working the whole weekend. I will however fill you in on any adventures that happen along the way so its cheerio for now! xo Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment