Sunday, January 17, 2010

A WEEK IN THE LIFE OF ME :)

Hiya guys! So this week has revolved mostly around work but a few things have happened here and there. On Tuesday night after work , Ben , Michelle (my manager) and my friend from work Ruth - headed to Michelle's house for dinner. We were heading out to Finsbury Park - North London , where Michelle lives , to meet Bonnie , Michelle's friend and hop in a cab to her flat. Michelle's twin Donna soon came bearing dinner and 15 minutes later we were tucking into pizza , garlic bread complimented by Hommus and Tzatziki dip and a couple bottles of wine. We then headed over to the N19 - Michelle's local as it was open-mic night. We sat at our table , drinks geared up and before we knew it Michelle was singing Alanis Morisette & we shot jager's!All in all a very good night had by all! On Friday morning Ben was up bright and early to go to Paris with the girls for the weekend so we kissed goodbye and then it was off to work for me. On friday evening me and Ruth headed to Topshop to see what the sales had to offer. There were quite a few cool peices however all the crowds were giving me an absolute migraine and I all to often buy things on sale that I never really end up wearing. On Saturday I wasnt due to go into work till late in the afternoon as we've been so quite lately I just had to go in towards the end of the day to do a 'Denim Assignment' for head office as I am now the official 'Denim Guru' for womenswear which means I will be training all the staff on new Denim styles that come in and how to sell them etc... anyway , this suddenly made my Saturday an open book of things to do. I decided to hop on the tube and head into Covent Garden as I havent explored that area for a while. As soon as I got out of the tube station I could hear , see and smell the rain that was pouring heavily from the winter sky. I immediatley opened up my umbrella and decided to tackle the crowds (Covent Garden is always so busy). I headed straight to the H&M to see what their sales had to offer. I had been in and out of H&M's Flagship on Regent St all week , but its good to go into the smaller stores as they dont tend to be as busy as the bigger stores and sometimes their sales are better too! BONUS! Well I was right to do so as I found the following amazing low-crotch grey trousers , that belt up on the waist , on sale for 5pounds! I've been trying to be really good and not do any shopping so I thought a 5pound purchase was justifiable!

After my explore around Covent Garden it was back into the West End. As I got off at Green Park tube station I headed toward 'Dover Street Market' one of my favorite stores in London , as I noticed the other night while walking to the tube, that they were redoing the concept in store - they do this quite often. So I decided to go check it out. I walked up the stair level to see the ready to wear & couture floors (as first floor is mostly jewellery and fragrance) and the new concepts in store were incredible. Each display , each section of Visual Merchandising and absolute master peice. While perousing some of the new Comme Des Garcon runway-couture peices I landed upon a very well constructed little jacket. The silhoutte and combination of fabrics caught my eye and the sequinned right shoulder pad took my breath away even though the price tag read 1,200 pounds 'its free to try' I thought , I walked into the 'Red Box' also known as a fitting room. Literally a Big Red Box situated in the centre of the room upholstered in red velvet ceiling to floor - automatically transporting me to a warm sexy ambience & atmosphere!
Next up I thought it was time to get my hair cut as I havent had it cut for 2 months! As we are in a recession ladies and gentlemen , I headed straight to a salon called 'SuperCuts' - use your imagination! The salon dont actually take appointments you just kind of sit and wait for your turn. So I sat waiting in fear of which of the 3 hairdressers would grace my locks. I ended up with a Lithunian immigrant who's just moved to London and has been here for 3 weeks. She could speak about 10 words of english and somehow with my reference pictures of how I wanted my hair cut and her broken english , we came to some kind of understanding of how I wanted my hair to look. I sat there actually choking back tears because I was so scared she would ruin my hair , however the finished product ended up being exactly what I wanted - I should have had more faith in my english-challened hairdresser - she proved me wrong! Here is my do -
After my haircut it was off to work on this Denim Assignment - while we were down in the office , Clinton one of my work mates came rushing down screaming that 'Matthew Williamson' and amazing designer of his own label and also for the Emilio Pucci line - was upstairs shopping. Naturally I rushed upstairs , even though I wasnt technically 'working' I thought - fuck-this I can still serve him - when I got up however the lovely Lisa was serving him and it was quite obvious he didnt want to be interrupted (rumour is he's a bit of a prick) but he gave us all something between a smile and an icy stare , as he frolicked around with his boyfriend. I was kind of annoyed because had the situation been different I would've introduced my self the way I did with Stella McCartney , but it was quite obvious that Mr.Williamson didnt want to be distubred. As we walked downstairs I managed to snap a few shots off the security camera's.After our brush with Matthew - the Diesel crew headed to the pub across the road from our work for some drinks. It was there that my workmates made me drink my first pint of beer. For those of you who know me , you'll know beer is not really my drink of choice! However I downed a pint of Stella and really enjoyed it. It was a realy fun night involving beer, peanuts & laughter!
So there you have it from 5pound trousers to 1000pound couture, a haircut, a pint of beer & another brush with a famous designer this is my London Life xoxo Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment