Monday, January 18, 2010

DIET COKE DETOX - DAY ONE!

Hiya peeps! So my blog has turned suddenly medical - almost. My flat mate has challenged me to go for a week without Diet Coke. Before I go on I need to explain my love for Diet Coke. I literally cant live without it - well that will soon become debatable - the first thing I generally do when I wake up is walk into the kitchen and have some DC (as I affectionatley call it). Throughout the day I will have a can of ice cold Diet Coke (90p thankyou very much) with my lunch and then when I get home I generally pour myself a glass of DC , will consume some over dinner and then have 2 glasses (possibly less maybe more) before I go to bed also. Some people have their coffee addiction , other people drink tea , some smoke cigarettes - I drink Diet Coke!So yesterday I consumed as much DC as I possibly could and then last night I stocked up my fridge with Orange Juice - this will be my alternative drink of choice along with water. Day one has been difficult. This morning I walk to the fridge - no Silver & Red smiling at me from the fridge shelf. Lunch time comes around and I walk across to EAT (a food chain) to grab some soup! Thai Green Chicken Curry Soup - AMAZING - nothing compliments hot soup better than cold Diet Coke - I looked at it sitting there in the fridge waiting for me to succumb to its temptation and grudgingly chose the 'British Apple & Raspberry' juice. Soup & Juice - I dunno :(


So basically I can tell you now that Soup & Juice does not compliment in any way shape or form! But the strangest thing is for most of the day I couldnt shake the heaviest migrane that kept pounding at my head like a Mallet on cold meat! When I got home whinging and moaning about my head-shattering migrane my housemate Shane informed me that it must be due to withdrawals! I couldnt beleive it - I'm having DC withdrawals. All I can think about as I write this is how much better a tall glass of Diet Coke would be right now. Will I survive - time will tell xoxo Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment