Monday, January 4, 2010

SO THIS IS CHRISTMAS...IN LONDON!

Hiya guys! So I havent done a post in over a week , Christmas & New Year's were quite busy so i'm putting in some time to update you on all the festivities - writing to you from the year 20-10! Loves it! So Christmas was pretty fantastic I must say. Our plans were (our - being Ben & flatmates Sheena & Shane) to have Christmas Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner at our house with Christine & fellow-kiwi (for shane) Adam over as house guests. I received one of my Christmas presents earlier in the week of Christmas (my McQueen scarf) so on Christmas morning I was woken up with my second. I opened up the long rectangular shaped present to find inside...the PRADA zippy wallet i've been lusting over all month. I have a smaller PRADA wallet that only really fits my notes and cards and I've been dying for something that fits coins , house keys & can be used as a kind of clutch type zippy when i'm out for a night of dancing! I mentioned the Prada one to Benny & he remembered & thoughtfully (not to mention generously) got it for me It was time for me then to give Benny his remaining presents - a Limited Edition Taschen book on Leonardo Da Vinci (Ben's wanted it since we spotted it about a month ago) and Limited Edition Emporio Armani underwear he loved both so all in all our xmas presents were a success!Ben then began cooking up the feast that he had arranged for us. An amazing Roast Ham - 2 Roast Chickens stuffed with the most AMAZING stuffing - and I dont even generally like stuffing but this stuffing was mouth-watering! Followed by roast vegetables of all sorts , it truly was a feast. Dessert followed with Shane & Adam preparing Ambrosia , Cheesecake and a Chocolate Mousse cake - It helps when Adam is a pastry chef - but it was fine by us it all tasted pretty freaking amazing!!! I dont think i've stuffed that much food into me in a long while...
Following all the feasting - drinking was next on the cards - quite literally. We played a deadly drinking game called 'Kings' involving playing cards. Basically you scatter the cards around in a joined up circle around a 'vessell' which can be anything you put in the middle , we used a big stein from the guy's trip to Germany. Every card then has a meaning , so you pick up a 4 for example and you have to swap clothes with the person next to you , or you land on 6 and you have to skull etc... it was very funny and got us all very drunk in a very entertaining way! By the end of it we had all been in eachothers tee's and all merilly fell asleep with belly's full of good food and much alcohol consumption! Ultimatley religious or not (Ben and I are not) it was nice to spend time with good company and the boy I love and have some fun without work & the craziness every day life can sometimes involve , I think people should do this more often without the excuse of a religous holiday - dont you think? xoxo Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment