Monday, December 14, 2009

ICE SKATING 80s STYLE!

Hey Guys! So yesterday was the day to begin our ice-skating adventures at an indoor ice skating venue a tube and a bus ride away from Brixton. We were going to an 80s Disco Ice-Skating night so we decided to dress for the part. For my outfit inspiration (as I literally had 5minutes to go through my wardrobe and find something 80s appropriate) was the movie 'Flashdance' so this was the kind of look I was going for. I teamed my shiny leather-look H&M jeans with a white tee and Bonds oversized 'sloppy joe' jumper , slightly off the shoulder - and accessorised with my skull brooch , some chainage , black fingerless gloves and used my vintage Yves Saint Laurent scarf as a bandana! As can be seen any day is an excuse for a fashion adventure :)Now i've been iceskating before , as a teenager I was quite the roller blader also so I have the jist of what i'm doing. Ben , however , has never been ice skating , never was a rollerblader , so this was officially foreign territory for him. The look of nerves on his face was rather adorable!
So skates on we were ready to hit the ice. The cold gush of air streaming from the rink were soon gone after a few laps and altough he started off as a baby in the kiddy pool , Ben quite got the swing of things. Like anything you first get the hang of something but then you want to push yourself and go faster , start to learn tricks etc... I tell you what there were some little kids on the ice that were very impressive. After a while Ben had his first fall , it was inevitable!

It was the first of a collective 8 falls he had on the ice but it was a really fun experience and i'm looking forward to get Ben out on the ice again , next time I think we should go outdoors though.

xoxo Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment