Sunday, December 6, 2009

WINTER WONDERLAND & A BIT OF ART & BURGERS!

Hiya! So I'm going to do a few posts randomly today on a few things that have happened this week. So Tuesday just gone was mine & Ben's day off. Ben wanted to go check out 'Winter Wonderland' in Hyde Park a kind of Christmas theme carnival set up over the Christmas period. It was a cold icy Tuesday morning as we walked through Hyde Park. Winter Wonderland was on the contrary more German themed then Christmas inspired and according to Ben & Christine it was identical to a carnival they went to at Oktoberfest. Next on the list was heading to H&M to find Benny a coat (it really is getting cold these days). We found him a black wool trench on sale for 30pounds - bargain! You can kind of see it in this picture...
Ben decided to take me to the National Art Gallery by Trafalgar Square to check out one of my favorite periods in art - the Impressionists. Renoir. Monet. Van Gogh et al. It was beautiful. Almost as beautiful as Ben's cheesy grin in this picture of us outside the gallery hehe loves it!
After a pub lunch I walked to the River Thames as Ben had plans with the girls and I had dinner plans with some of the girls from work. Sitting on a park bench at dusk watching the world speed by was somewhat peaceful , with Big Ben & the London Eye in my midst and the sun setting.
In the evening I had plans to have dinner with Charlotte & Ruth as Ruth wanted to take me to have a TGI Friday's experience (the american burger chain) as i've never been & apparently their burgers are amazing. Well after an entree of bbq wings with their signature 'Jack Daniels' sauce (fucking mouth watering goodness right there) followed by a cheeseburger with bacon and cheese melts all layered in between two amazing buns - it was a Burger experience & some great conversation I wont be forgetting any time soon. Good food Good company , cant ask for more.
Here's me & Ruthy :)
...and here's me and Choush :) - bless em they both wore the same top to work that day!
so that was my day off last week - stay tuned for more posts xoxo Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment