Monday, December 14, 2009

TOPMAN DRESS UPS!

Hiya! So last week was pretty quiet and I worked alot which was ok I guess but didnt really get me much time to do much else. However I did keep my bloggers in mind so on Friday night after work I decided to stop into TopMan to do a bit of a change room fashion shoot in the form of trying on some jackets/coats. The weather is really starting to get cold over here and this payday I need to invest in some warmth. As I walked into the black mirrored walls of the change rooms I thought I was in a nightclub , enter into the change room and fluorescent lights frame my mirrors - I think I like this! These were my selections. First up was a bomber style wool jacket that was somewhere between a quarterbacks blazer and a baseball jacket in black&grey. Altough its quite cute , I dont think it will provide me with sufficient warmth...Second up was a pea coat-trench coat style coat in a grey mini houndstooth check print fabric. I quite like the cut and the difference in color (however still remaining versatile enough in a grey shade) so this one is definitley an option as I've decided to go for something quite classic , no studs allowed (unfortunatley) I need something that will carry me few a through seasons, or at least 6 months (lets face it im not always about being practical am I) it has black faux-wood style buttons and black piping along the sleeve and other parts of the coat , it also has the option of being belted but I think I prefer it without the belt for my body shape it would just cut me off... The following is the option I think i'm most likely to go with. Its classic black this I know and may be considered boring but I will practically be able to throw it over ANYTHING and EVERYTHING and can funk it up with perhaps a fun McQueen skull-scarf (which is next on my to-buy-myself list). Its a classic black pea cot (with a slight trench influence) with brown buttons and also a belt option (which I kinda like just hanging there) its a definite classic so we'll see?
...and then just for fun I spotted these electric blue tartan check trousers that I just had to try on. With a simple black tee I think it could defintiley work - different but most definitley daring!

...that was it for my topman dress up photo shoot...more updates coming xoxo Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment