Friday, December 18, 2009

LET IT SNOW.LET IT SNOW.LET IT SNOW

- imagine me sitting in bed at 11am yesterday morning when suddenly my phone rings -

...yes, benny" , "Deni is it snowing in Brixton?" , "What do you mean snow" , "Look out your window" - imagine now an incredibly high pitched squeal "OH MY GOD ITS SNOWING" I exclaimed as I peered out our bedroom window! Yes people it has begun to snow , little dribs and drabs here and there it may be , in central london , but in the more suburban/regional areas of London it is really bucketing down snow. I walked my way to work that day in the baby snow with the biggest grin on my face I almost sang 'Let it snow..' out aloud...
So last night Ben & I started setting up our xmas tree whilst watching the Wizard of Oz - god I love that movie... styled up in blue and silver lights and disco balls I was confident in our end result very cool hey..
It was then that our flat mate Shane peeked through the window and exlaimed 'Guys its snowing!' , the three of us jumped to the window and stared outside as snow fell from the sky , the heaviest we've seen so far. We were in our shoes before you could say go , to hop outside...

speckles of snow they may be but snow all the same and for those of us who dont really get snow in the winter (a bit of frost at best) it was pretty exciting :) Snow is all well and good and the forecast promises much more heavier snow in the near future , however the drop in temperature is something i've never experienced before , when you look at your weather forecast and there are minus symbols next to 2 and 3 you cant help but feel a bit scared yet slightly excited to see what this is all about. Welcome to winter peeps xoxo Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment