Monday, November 30, 2009

SUNDAY MARKETS & A COSY PUB IN COVENT GARDEN.

On Sunday I had the day off. The weather however was miserable. Never mind though , my friend from work Fernanda - affectionately called 'FeFe' - and I were going to the Brick Lane & Spitalfield markets after a spur-of the moment msg from her. I cozied up layering my big black cardi and big grey scarf and headed for Liverpool Street station. I met FeFe there and we headed towards the markets (which are right by eachother) in search for a fur coat - for Fernanda. The Spitalfield market's were quite big and cool I must say. all underoof thankgod!
Off we went in search of FUR and there was many a market stall with an array of vintage fur for Fernanda's amusement. She wasnt sure whether or not she wanted a gret/white tone or a brown coloured fur so I got her to try some furs on. Here is gorgeous FeFe in oversized grey fur.
We continued through Spitalfields admiring all the stalls when I came across a little stall set up selling vintage designer peices. Amongst a chest of vintage Dior and Pierre Cardin I managed to find a cute vintage YSL scarf-pocket square big enough to tie around my neck or roll up and wear around my wrist or perhaps even dangling from a blazer pocket. At a too-cheap-to-mention price I had to snap it up! The pic is a bit dark but its royal blue & white. Loves it! As we walked towards the Brick Lane markets , cozied underneath my little umbrella we saw a man doing a live art installation in a shop window. He was paper-mache-esque-covering an old lounge chair with old magazine and newspaper articles - it was quite cool & attracted a crowd.
We walked along Brick Lane - famous for its food - all the smells of exotic food intoxicating our hunger. It was time to decide on the array of selection of food and what it was exactly we were going to have for a late lunch. After much deliberation we decided on possibly the best seafood Paella i've ever had. Home-made Spanish food on the streets of London who'd have thought?

We walked back to the Spitalfield markets where Fernanda decided on purchasing a brown fur coat at the cheap price of only 40quid! How good is that! She looks so cute in it too!
A succesful-yet cold afternoon of market hunting over I headed through the pouring rain to meet Ben & the girls at a quaint little pub in Covent Garden with a strange name I now dont remember the name of. Warm and cozy, we sat at the back of the upstairs lounge pints in hand - cider for me - beer for everyone else and had a nice relaxing sunday sesh with many laughs. Embarrasingly I spilled half a glass of Cider down Ben's tsubi jeans but he laughed it off and it managed to dry fairly quickly. Here are Benny and I at the pub :) All in all a nice way to end the weekend. xoxo Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment