Monday, November 2, 2009

A DAY IN COVENT GARDEN - THURSDAY.

Hey all , sorry i've been a bit slack. So to update you on my 2nd day off which was Thursday of last week - I decided I really wanted to have more of a walk around Covent Garden. Its an area of London I really like. The area is dominated by shopping , street performers , cafe's , restaurants and pubs. So out of Brixton and off the the C.G it was for me. With Cheryl Cole's new album in my iPod it was bound to be a fun tube ride - everyone needs to download her album 3words its fantastic!!! So after my bump'n'groove on the tube I got off at Covent Garden Station. I saw all the people walking to the Lift so I swiftly followed iPod still in ears , not really knowing where I was going. The queue of people waiting for the lift was a nightmare so I decided to take the stairs. Why not , I thought , it will give me a bit of exercise and it'll be quicker than waiting.
Right? Hrmm, wrong! It wasnt till about after the third flight of stairs that I started to think 'Fuck this is a lot of stairs' , it took till about the 5th flight that I was officially puffed out and tired and my calf muscles started to hurt. 'Well imagine how good my ass would look if I did this everyday' - I thought to myself. It wasnt until I got up the top of the stairs that I saw a sign saying how many steps I had just climbed. I couldnt beleive it! Turns out there was a sign at the beginning of my step-journey warning me of the steps I just didnt see it - here it is...
Yeah good one Denis - do not use except in an emergency - how was it I didnt see this sign on my way up? Typical me for ya! So once I finally got into the hustle and bustle of Covent Garden my stairclimb was long gone and I began to remember why I loved it so much. The people and the atmosphere , its just always busy but not too busy to be put off by it. I was loving it. Covent Garden Piazza is located in the centre of the area and was site of flower , food , fruits and vegetables market from the 1500's through to 1974. It now offers a variety of stores that cater for everything from clothes to fine jewellery , accessories , skincare , souvenirs and even toys.
After my little wander around - no shopping for me anymore i'm being a good boy - I decided it was time for some lunch. After my BLT sandwhich I decided to go for a walk and investigate a cool building I had seen earlier. From a distance it looked like a church of some sort , but when I got closer to read the signs it said it was the Museum of French Fremasonry - whatever that means. Either way I thought it was a really cool building so here's a pic of it...
After my little explore I went into Oxford Street to meet Benny after work , as I was walking into Oxford Street I had a real craving for something sweet. Now all up along Oxford Street and around London generally there are heaps of these waffle stands. Everywhere I look I always see people eating their waffles , with chocolate , with fruit , with honey - its really up to you - and i've been dying to try one so I thought 'yup i'm gonna get myself a waffle'. I ordered my waffle from a little stall called 'Wonder Waffle' - the name has to have some promise to it - and I chose belgian chocolate with cream for 3pounds. Ben and I walked up to a park/square type thing so I could sit down to eat my waffle. With high expectations I begin to eat it and I have to say - it really did not live up to my expectations at all. What is all this fuss about? I was so dissapointed - I was really looking forward to an amazing dessert experience - here's a pic I found on the net.


So that was my second day off - work was scheduled for the next three days so no plans for the weekend at all xoxo Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment