Monday, November 16, 2009

A SNIP & A CHOP AT TONI & GUY!

Hey guys! So i've been working so much this past week and have been exhausted but since I had today off i've put this evening aside to do a few posts and update you on everything thats been going on! So last week on Tuesday (my day off) I decided it was time to cut this hair of mine. It had been over a month since my last chop with Cody back home and as most of my friends and family know my hair grows crazy fast so I was in dire need of a re-style. Now hairdressers are quite expensive around here however there is a service that most hairdressers offer where if you be there hair-model or go to their hair academy you can get your hair cut for really cheap (or even free). A girl at work did it last week so she advised me to enquire about the same sort of thing. Ben told me that both the Vidal Sassoon & Toni & Guy academy's get their students to do hair cuts for assesments for only 5pounds! As i've used to get my hair cut at Toni & Guy back at home they were my first option. I called them and luckily they had a cancellation and slotted me in at 1.45. I got there 20 mintues early so over the road to Starbucks to get my Mocha Frappuccino hit of the day! As I strolled back to the salon I didnt even notice but my wallet fell out of my bag and onto a road , thankfully a sweet girl tapped me on the shoulder and handed it over to me - my god how lucky - I thought! As I walked into Toni & Guy I saw at least 20 people squashed into their reception area - this is a lot more popular than I thought!
As I read the information slip the guy at the desk handed me I read the warning 'please be prepared for your appointment to take between 2-3 hours as students will be graded on the haircut they give you' - what the fuck! 3hours - surely it cant take that long to do a mens cut. A short french man lead us all up to the students. He was short , pudgy, probably in his 50s and had that thing that men get when they are totally bald on the top of their heads and then have hair around the sides - sometimes I think just shave it all seriously whats the point - but I guess anything to hold onto any inch of hair they have left. He wore all black , trousers , tee shirt and blazer and a gold&brown silk scarf was knotted around his neck. I swear if his name was Pierre it would've been perfect! He looked like a Pierre. I showed him what it was that I wanted my hair to look like - I googled a picture of a David Beckham up-do and explained how I wanted my fringe off my face , length through the top and then short on the sides. He paired me with a 27 year old bright red (color dyed) italian girl named Erika. As we sat down she explained to me that she had been hairdressing for the past 7 years , 5 years in Italy and almost 2 in London. She only had a few more assignments left to qualify for her English Diploma in Hair. 'Phew' I thought - at least she knows what she's doing. We got talking and she told me that one of her friends works at the Vivienne Westwood head office , we exhanged numbers and hopefully something may come out of it. The haircut did in fact take 3 hours , my ass was numb by the end of it and in the last 20minutes Miss Erika kind of snipped my ear a little. It didnt hurt , just felt like a scratch but who knew your ears can bleed so much. Blood was pissing out and it was not pretty. I felt so sorry for her because she felt so bad , she kept on apologising. I assured her that it really was fine. Of course there always has to be some drama in the day of Denis! The haircut turned out brilliantly just what I wanted and only for 5pounds! However next time I will be texting Erika and asking her if she wants to do it for me from her house because I am not attending another 3hour hair cut appointment any time soon let me tell you! Here's my new chop :)


I really like it :) xoxo Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment