Monday, November 9, 2009

A LOVELY AUTUMN SUNDAY...

Hey guys! I sit here rugged up under my doona , just got home from work - I picked up a 2pound Chicken Burger & Chip combo from the 'Dollar Chicken' shop around the corner ate my dinner and now sit here ready to update you on my day off on Sunday. So as I normally dont get Sunday's off I relished the moment to sleep in on a Sunday as I once-upon-a-time used to. Waking up , appropriatley at 10.30 I started my day with a shower and some breakie and a brief chat to my friends Anna Chamerski & Adam Serra back home via skype. The plan for the day was to go into the city and find myself a leather jacket - if my funds allowed me to do so. The autumn air is starting to get really fresh and crisp with most days sitting at a temperature of 11 and i'm sure its only bound to get colder. This weekend the Brixton tube line was down so this meant I had to catch a bus into the city. Ben explained to me which bus to catch and I was going to meet him after he finished work that afternoon. So all confidently I got to the bus stops and there was my bus just waiting for me - how perfect I thought. At the moment I'm reading Dan Brown's latest novel The Lost Symbol - which can I say is amazingly captivating - so I relished this chance to get a good read whilst on the bus as it normally takes about an hour to get into Oxford Circus with all the traffic and the stopping at each bus stop. As my head was burried deep in my book after 20 minutes the bus declared we had arrived at the last stop - I raised my head out of the book and thought 'hrmm this is not Oxford Circus , have I gotten on the wrong bus'. I walked down to the bus driver and asked him "...you've got on the right bus going in the wrong direction buddy , cross the road and get the bus from the other side and it will take you into Oxford Circus". What a dumb ass - I thought to myself! So low and behold I got on the bus and we were on our way - just meant I got to read more which didnt really phase me at all. The bus route changed halfway into the city and announced we would now be terminating at Trafalgar Square - this was fine as I knew my way around from Trafalgar Square to Oxford St where I was going to meet Ben. As I got off the bus at Trafalgar Square I noticed some kind of parade going on - I think it has something to do with war because lots of people have been wearing red poppy's lately. The loud sound of the marching band was overwhelming as I began to walk towards the main square walking past the band & marchers...
Trafalgar Square looked beautiful in the crisp autumn chill with the sun peaking through the clouds. I took a minute to look around and take it all in , altough i've walked through Trafalgar Square a handful of times , there was something today that made me see it almost through new eyes. It sounds so corny but It was a really nice moment and I really felt 'wow I'm in London'...
As I walked in to Oxford Circus to meet Ben it soon become evident as much as I wanted a new leather jacket , I also needed to eat for the next few weeks. So I decided to be mature and give it a miss - how adult of me. Ben & I went for a walk , walking through Hyde Park to go catch our bus home. The Autumn season as I continue to state is seriously becoming one of my favorite seasons its just so romantic. All the orange leaves everywhere it just puts something in the air.
So after our walk through the park we hopped on our bus , came home cooked dinner and that was my lovely relaxing autumn sunday xoxo Deni






1 comment:

  1. oh denis u crack me up with all ur wrong turns wrong buses etc......please take care zoki xx

    ReplyDelete