Sunday, November 22, 2009

BDAY.BELLYDANCING & BREAKIN-IT-DOWN

Hiya! I sit here on my sunday morning and I can hear the rain drops pouring on my window! Good thing im nice and warm under the doona! Well oh what a night I have to report on peeps! My gorgeous new best friend Charlotte turned 22 on Monday (just gone) so this wknd celebration was in order! I had quite a long day at work and a late finish however her text at 6pm advising me I best be coming gave me the motivation I needed to get all dressed up for a nite with this gorgeous girl and her gorgeous friends! I headed home from work hopped in the shower - figuring my outfit out on the ride home cuts 20minutes out of getting ready - so I decided to pull out the YSL tee & blazer combo out of the closet for this special occasion and listened to my girl Beyonce to get me in the mood to groove. The celebrations were taking place at the amazing 'Levant' a Morrocan Restaurant/Bar located in the heart of London behind Selfridges off Oxford St. One thing I didnt prepare for however was the rain , I couldnt take an umbrella out could I is that what people do in London - apparently yes , thats what cloaks room were invented for , boy I have a lot to learn - suffice to say I got drenched walking to the tube station and the 30minutes i spent on my hair was now wasted! With a traveller to boost my spirits I didnt let it get me down and strutted my way down to the evenings soiree! Now Levant was amazing , as soon as I walked in I felt like I had stepped out of London & into Marrakech...
Beautiful moroccan decor - not tacky rather stylish actually - and the most complimentary low lighting anyone could ask for - I am huge on lighting it is all about the lighting! Char' met me at the door and walked me to her VIP morrocan boudoir-cave like-booth. It was gorgeous from the tiled mirror back wall to the fire engine red side walls (my fave color) to the cushions, pillows & rose petals scattered on the table - I am one for the fine details & I was in love with this place.Cuddled up on the couches were Char's fabulous friends and her gorgeous sister Rachel. You know when you meet people and you just feel so comfortable with them like you've known them forever , thats how it felt with these girls , they're my kinda peeps! Marco who me & char work with (he's our VM) also came along so us three ordered a round of cocktails and so the night began! The in house DJ started to spin some Beyonce and we all got up and started dancing in our booth when suddenly a sequin adorned belly dancer made her way towards our table! This girl was amazing , i've never seen a bellydancer so up close - the way they rock their thing , the gyrating belly moves the boob action was sexy and provocative without being tacky & cheap! These girls are really talented , me & charlotte of course joined her belly dancing as best we can.
After our belly dancer left the table we were almost the only ones left in Levant - we asked the DJ to get spinning and turn it up. Off he went with some Beyonce & Pussycat Dolls to keep us dancing a little while longer - we resorted out of our cosy cave and made our own dance floor!
We almost conga lined out of Levant making our way to location numero 2 for the evening! Choush had us on the guest list at Club 24. 24 has a concept like no other night club in London and is apparently the first fully interactive club in the world. Created with bespoke tailoring you can hire your own area and surround yourself with your own personalised backdrop. Its famous for its state of the art visually enhanced walls, the club's surrounding computer controlled visual projections can be tailored to project entire landscapes throughout the club or be personalised for each booth. the LED lighting system gives the club over a million different lighting combinations and the existing iBar, is the first interactive bar in the world. As a club experience the venue is incredibly unique and it was definitley the perfect place to go and kick it for Choushy's bday celebrations. We walked in passing the white LED wall and walked into the hallway which morphed into a neon blue - towards the entrance of the actual club doors...
As we walked through the hallway I could hear Jay Z's new track 'Empire State of Mind' pulsating through the club and as we opened the doors it morphed into Kanye's classic 'Gold Digger' - arms immediatley up in the air we all made our way to the bar and began dancing the night away! Before I get into the music , I truly was in love again with the interior of this club.

Pretty fucking cool I must say but then the music , well I dont know who the DJ was but its like he knew I was coming and decided to play all my favorite songs in a whole set. He went from Kanye to Pharrell , to N.E.R.D , to Beyonce followed by some Lady GaGa , Akon , David Guetta , Daft Punk & a current dancefloor favorite of mine "....i'm in Miami Bitch". Everyone was going crazy and he was spinning up the hottest tunes that just kept us dancing till the wee hours!Now it must be said that the Lubin sisters - Charlotte and Rachel (pictured above) have style! No doubt about it! Dressed for the occasion was Bday girl Choush wearing an amazing printed tank and PVC tights with zipd detail along the back legs (worn by Cheryl Cole in the 'Fight for This Love' video) some killer heels very Guiseppe Zanotti-esque and a hot Diesel tuxedo cropped blazer (for walking the cold streets to and from) and black leather Miu Miu cocktail bag. Her fabulous sister Rachel donned a sexy high waisted leather mini skirt with midnight blue silk blouse with peek-a-boo detailing paired with tights killer studded ankle boots & scrumptious purple patent leather YSL cluth! Amazing! So we exited the club , said our goodnight's and I walked up Oxford Street to catch my nightbus home - yes people a reminder , in London , you don't hail a cab home if you live out of the city and you dont get on the tube because it stops running after 12.30 , you get on the 24hour bus home! How funny! I stopped at Camberwell Green to get another Bus that would save me the 20minute walk to Brixton , as I waited I ordered a big fat greasy Chicken Souvlaki that then dripped all down my YSL tee (note to self must get dry cleaned). All in all a great night with a bunch of fabulous people! Hope you had a great nite Choush huni coz I had a blast! Here's a pic of yours truly walking home xoxo Deni

2 comments: