Monday, November 16, 2009

ANOTHER WKND IN LONDON TOWN!

So on Saturday I worked all day however Saturday night I had a date planned with Benny :) I had booked us tickets online to see the movie 2012. Ben's been looking forward to seeing this movie since he showed me the trailer almost a year ago now so I thought i'd suprise him - I know i'm a good boyfriend aren't I :) So the night before I booked tickets to see the movie at the Odeon Cinema in 'Leicester Square' all booked and paid for nothing could go wrong right? Wrong - read on for the details. So I finished work at 6 Ben at 8.30 & the movie was to start at 9. I walked across to Leicester to get our tickets and when I got to the box office and asked for my tickets with my reference number the blonde girl behind the counter said to me 'I'm sorry sir but this reference number doesnt exist on our system and we're not even playing 2012 yet. Are you sure you booked it for the right cinema'. I advised her that I booked it for 'Leicester' - well she then informed me that 'Leicester wasnt short for Leicester Square , Leicester is infact a city out of London. Well I didnt know that did I. Just great I thought. My tickets couldnt be refunded so with time running short I walked along to the next big cinema called VUE and waited in line for 40minutes hoping their 9pm screening of 2012 wasnt sold out. I was in luck , there were still tickets available so I purchased them with a laugh thinking how much of an idiot I am LOL with some time to cool I wanted to stroll round the city do the rounds of a few stores and see some more of the city's Christmas windows and street displays (I'll do a post just of some of the cool windows I've seen at some stage this week). My first stop was H&M. Jimmy Choo - high end shoe label designed by Tamara Mellon - has just collaborated with high-street giant H&M. H&M is quite well known for doing some amazing collaborations with designers (as do many stores here eg. Kate Moss for TopShop) , they've collab'd with Viktor & Rolf , Karl Lagerfeld & Madonna just to name a few. The line of Jimmy Choo for H&M Shoes , Bags , Accessories and Ready-to-Wear launched on Saturday just passed so I wanted to go suss it all out. I headed to my favorite H&M store on Regent Street and the windows said it all!

I didnt actually know they were doing a mens range also (because Jimmy Choo doesnt do mens shoes) so I headed straight upstairs to check out Mens first. Its quite a small and concise range. The ready to wear offers a black suit , white dress shirt , 100% cashmere v-neck sweaters one in grey and one in royal blue (this royal blue theme is linked to the shoe boxes , shopper bags , packaging and some of the womens dresses i'm not normally a blue person but its a very strong color and works well) they also offered basic tee's with a pocket detail on the left hand side of the chest - one in grey marle and one in white in the most beautiful cotton blend that almost feels like cashmere. These appealed to me straight away as I am a firm beleiver that a classic tee is a staple everyone needs to have multiples of in their wardrobe. I took them both to the fitting room. There were also belts , royal blue scarves and some leather satchels. The mens shoes on offer were all boots , patent leather , boots with buckles - the pair I tried on - they were cool but even thought they fit me they just looked way to big and chunky. There was a grey suede studded satchel/bag I fell in love with but couldnt afford (i'm trying to be good remember). The t-shirts were a winner. I decided on the grey marle because for some reason the quality of the grey felt so much nicer than the white.

Before I left I wanted to go check out the womens shoe range - what Jimmy Choo is known for. Once I got to the sectioned off shoe rooms I had to wait in line and then had a 10minute time restriction. The range is fantastic seriously the shoes are hot , there's a pair I think I wanna get my mum if there's still any left! I met Benny after he had finished work and told him my funny story with the cinemas. He laughed and told me that friends of his had done the same thing when they first got to London too - so i'm not the only one I thought. We walked back to Leicester Square , both starving we picked up 2 massive slices of Pizza and chowed it down making it into the movie just in time for previews. Now for those of you who havent seen 2012 I highly recommend it, it was awesome.
Sunday came along and I thought i'd go into the city again and do a relaxing stroll - wearing my new Jimmy Choo for H&M tee - around have another look through H&M - win! I found a really cool loose black cardigan with a really interesting asymetrical silhoutte , its really cool and I needa load up on warm clothes as the weather is getting colder every day. After that I decided since I was in the area i'd go for a stroll through Carnaby Street. I love Carnaby street its very quirky creative slightly left of centre a bit artistic and yes - a bit gay too - but seriously its just a really cool little nook hidden in the hustle and bustle of the big city. The streets christmas displays were very cool I thought - slightly gay perhaps - queue big baloon style signs screaming out 'LOVE' 'JOY' 'HOPE' and a hot pink reindeer but either way they made me smile and I thought they were , yes you guessed it - just fabulous! After that I walked down to Marc by Marc Jacobs to do a little present shopping for my gorgeous new friend Charlotte , she works at Diesel with me and her and I have just clicked , she reminds me of my fabulous friends back home and it was her birthday today so I wanted to go in and pick up a little something fab for her! On the way I walked passed Grosvenor Square - another personal favorite little part of London City. It rained the night before so there was huge puddles but the sun was still shining - I thought it looked amazing - I was so tempted to just jump in the big puddle but thought probably best not to. Here's a picture :)
After having lunch with some of his girlfriends Ben met me at Marc Jacobs and we strolled 10 minutes around the corner and up the road to Conduit Street - off Bond Street (where I work) to check out a new Starbucks that's just opened. Its not like any of the other Starbucks as the decor is totally different modern and fresh and its the first 'bucks of its kind. I had a Tall Dark Cherry Mocha (I felt like something hot) with whip and we snacked on a chocolate log cake together..mmm the perfect way to end my weekend warm coffee and chocolate cake! Look at Ben's face as he gives his friend directions on the phone - concentration + frustration + why is my photo being taken = priceless hehe so cute!

...and that was the weekend y'all! xoxo Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment