Saturday, November 28, 2009

BRINGING HOME THE AINO!

Well i've been working all week and apart from my Stella meeting on Monday night its been mostly quiet. *just for the record I got a reply from her assistant and they are currently reviewing my Cover Letter & CV and portfolio pictures and will get back to me asap. (fingers crossed). On Thursday I was a man on a mission. In the morning I headed to the Valentino sample sale before work. As I walked up to the venue I saw a reasonable queue out the front...


When I walked in to the large room covered in sample racks seperated into price points. The cheapest being 100pounds and the most expensive being 2500pounds. I stopped to look around , a woman with a crocodile skin Birkin picked up a 1000pound gown without hesitation - it is quite a good saving considering it would've retailed at 5000+ pounds. There were some beautiful fur coats on sale that I 'oohd and aahd' over all at the bargain price of 2500pounds. It was quite an interesting 20minutes and I saw many women (and some men) fight over Valentino bags at an alarming rate but back to work for me. That afternoon Ben and I were supposed to meet for lunch. Now Ben has been waiting for the release of a new Sony Ericsson AINO (in white) - it was supposed to be released a month ago and still hasnt. He was running late and told me to just duck into a phone store to see if its yet to be released. As I walked into the phone store I approached the salesemen that looked most like he knew what he was talking about , I couldnt be bothered with someone who couldnt understand english or knew nothing about phones. He told me they just arrived this morning and that they only had two. I walked out to dispose of the french fries I was shoving in my face and walked right back in to see an oriental couple looking at the phone I wanted to get for Ben with my salesmen. I found myself in a 'Bringing Home the Birkin' moment and was not about to let this couple get my phone. I walked over , got his attention and he asked me 'can I help you' , I said 'Yeah I want that phone' 15 minutes later it was mine and I jogged up the street late to meet Ben , however with a present that made him literally do a happy dance/jump up the street. Its a pretty cool phone.
Apart from that last night I did a bit of window shopping at Selfridges after work. I didnt want to go home to the mouse that was found in our kitchen the night before. I am TERRIFIED of mice , to the point that if I was living alone and saw a mouse in my house I would probably move out - so I decided to wait for Ben to finish so that I could go home safely with him. Good thing I did because I fell in love - with a bag. A studded Givenchy Keep-All to be precise. At only 540pounds if I didnt have living expenses to worry about I would've bought it immediatley.
Anyways maybe if I put some money away and it still there in a while I may treat myself...hrmm we'll see? Thats it for me now , off to go make the most of my day off , will update you all this evening xoxo Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment