Friday, November 20, 2009

DIESEL SOIREE + AFTER PARTY + VIP BURBERRY AFTER PARTY = GR8 NITE!

Hey Guys! So I sit here on my friday night just gobbling down a peperroni pizza (which really isnt doing my carb intake any favors but hey) , I've just finished work but have much to report on last night's festivites. So as I mentioned it is approaching Christmas time and the central London area is full of amazing xmas lights & displays. Last night Bond Street - aka one of the swankiest, well known streets in London which just happens to be where I'm fortunate enough to work - had there annual turning on of the Christmas lights 'Bond Noel' they call it! The lights get turned on by a celebrity (who it was i'm not sure) and there's a snow machine and reindeers and Santa and all the usual Christmas cheer. Also all the stores along the street (all designer stores) participate by hosting a special event style night featuring drinks and canapes for shoppers to enjoy! Well its fair to say that DIESEL went all out and threw the best party on the street! Coinciding with our Jazz inspired collection the entertainment for the evening was a live Jazz Band called Sister Mary and the Choir Boys. We had a selection of fine waitresses dressed in high waisted black pencil skirts and black shrits red lips to boot handing out a selection of wine's & fruity cocktails! Especially for the night we were allowed to choose a top-of-the-range dressy outfit to look our best in representing the Diesel flagship store. I decided on a Diesel Black Gold (Black Gold being our more premium luxury brand) white tailored shirt an amazing pair of new collection Black Gold jodphur-style trousers a black cotton/denim blend with a zip detail that ran along the side of the leg from the front of the leg around to the back of the calf (ahmaz!) and an incredibly beautifully detailed Black Gold skinny tie & studded belt also from the new collection!
Greeting our VIP guests at the entrance was our gorgeous tall & thin russian ex-model Mariya in her stunning floor length Black Gold gown, seriously though she could wear a sack and look hot!
The night was a huge success! It was a great chance to mingle with customers and guests including visits from every Retail Manager of Diesel Worldwide - yes world-fucking-wide! Including the friendly group of Italians from the official Diesel HQ and also a group from our UK head office which was nice also! There by my side was my gorgeous new BFF Charlotte looking fabulous in Black Gold mini dress with chain metal detailing and some serious hair bling!
She's truly a gem and such an amazing person and we've bonded so much in such a short amount of time , I feel blessed to have met such a gorgeous girl I now call my friend :) Towards the end of the evenings festivities when everyone was paying full attention to the live performing Jazz Band our manager Michelle came and grabbed me (looking equally fab in a sexy denim dress) and pulled me & charlotte over to create our own 'dance floor' we danced like no one was watching & just let our hair down (in preparation for the after party) it sure got us in the mood!
So after a quick costume change (I chose my Topman check short sleeve shirt & my now much loved black distressed Diesel 'Mattic' jeans) on to the after party we went. Located at Dover Street Bar on the trendy Dover Street (just a few doors up from the amazing store Dover Street Market). The Bar itself was also a Jazz Bar (continuing with the jazz theme) down the stairs we went into this underground Jazz Club. As there was a tab on the bar off we went to claim our free wine hehe (just to clarify altough I look quite drunk in the following photo's i'm really not I promise you it was just very hot down there) as we got there we mingled stood around with our wine looking pretty - here I am with the gorgeous Lisa & my girl Choushy by the bar......posing is fine but we all really wanted to dance & the bar's background music wasnt cutting it so I walked up to the DJ and requested he 'up the tempo a bit' - he was more than happy to accomodate my request and before you know it he began to spin an awesome set of 80's songs all of which happened to be my favorites. From Michael Jackson to Madonna to Cindy Lauper & even Wham it was fantastic! Every MJ track played was a huge crowd pleaser as was 'Girls Just wanna have Fun', Whitney's 'I wanna know if he really loves me...' & Madge's classic 'Holiday'...

We didnt get off that dance floor for about an hour I think just dancing away as every song got better but for the smokers it was time for a smoke break and for those of us who are non-smoker's it was time for some fresh air (amongst the cigarette smoke surrounding us hehe). There we were Charlotte and I amongst our mates Clinton, Yolanda our gorgeous manager Michelle (who has become a dear friend) and then out of no where Clinton gets a text from his friend who model's for Burberry telling him that there's an exclusive VIP Burberry after party only a 5minute walk away at the exclusive Mayfair club 'Vendome' (yes the 'mayfair' - my life is a Monopoly board) & that he could get Clinton and his mates in! "Do we all wanna go?" - Clinton asked. Umm exclusive Burberry after-party at an exclusive club 'hell-fucking-yes'. So off we went a 12-strong army of us walking 5minutes around the corner & down the road to Vendome. We walked straight up to the VIP line and after a quick phone call to Clinton's 'inside-guy' & exclaiming we were all from Diesel here for the Burberry after-party we were all let in hassle free. Now Vendome is a pretty cool club, everyone from Paris Hilton to Kanye West has partied there. The inside of it is quite cool with a central circular dancefloor with a circle revolving DJ box smack bang in the middle and some very slick VIP booths this place screamed poser! The crowd consisted of a mix of 'fashionista' crowd featuring some anorexic models, wealthy mid aged men, your standard group of 'plastic-fantastic' poser girls in their sequinned minidresses from last season's Burberry Prorsum collection (or were they just Topshop knock off's)..hrrmm. Beverages of choice was a mixture of Moet & Chandon featuring Belvedere Vodka & cocktails.

Cuddled up in a VIP booth I spotted Burberry designer Christopher Bailey which was quite cool - had I been drunker I may have schmoozed my way over & demanded an internship - but i'm personally not a huge fan of Burberry so I thought i'd let the opportunity slide. With guest DJ Dan Healy - who under his portfolio has DJ'd for fashion labels Matthew Williamson & Alexander McQueen as well as private clients Jay Z , Justin Timberlake & Pharrell Williams - the tunes were bangin & we all had a good run on the dancefloor! Here we are 'all class' @ Burberry haha

...but as Cinderella must leave the ball so did we. With work the next day I wanted to be home at a reasonable hour and wanted to cuddle up to the gorgeous man waiting in my bed :) all in all a very good night , was a great chance to party with the crew from work as we're all becoming really good friends & getting into an exclusive designer after party is slightly brag-worthy if I do say so myself! Well its time for this fashionista to get out of his skull print boxer shorts & jump into a nice hot shower! I will leave you with this pic of me & my girlf Fernanda leaving Vendome walking up through the haze of lights of the pretty mirrored stairs toward the exit/entry xo Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment