Monday, November 16, 2009

A LOVELY DAY WITH ME MYSELF & I :)

So we're finally up to date! Today was another day off for me today - 3 in a row , I had yesterday today and have tomorrow off too 'ah this is the life'. On today's agenda was to go have another look around Camden Town's markets. Ben downloaded Lady GaGa's new 'Fame Monster' for me so with that as my soundtrack the day was sure to be a winner! I decided to be casual comfortable yet still remaining cool (always a must) today wearing my Zara harem pants , I heart NY tee , my new cardi from H&M teamed with my Marc Jacobs beanie, Dior shades and ZU boots - win! I'm loving today's ensemble - I thought as I walked to the tube station. 20minutes later and I had arrived at my destination.
As i'm sure I mentioned on my last post on Camden Town , it is freaking huge. Think Victoria market and times it by 2 or even 3 I would say. Its spread out along two sides of the street on a very long strip (it even goes across a bridge). I didnt really come to shop , I told myself , or at least I had to be on my best behaviour. Within 5minutes I had made my purchase. A little jewellery stand stood out to me as all its jewellery was very unique and original. A friendly girl with an australian accent advised me that they were all unique and could all be personalised. It was really nice to hear an aussie accent and we got chatting about where we're from and life in London. I purchased a really fun peice from her called the 'scrabble ring' its basically the scrabble peice for the inital D , which apparently is worth 2 points , turned into a ring.
She told me that singer Pixie Lott is a fan of her jewellery and has heaps of scrabble rings. She literally walked passed the stand one day and now she wears it all the time , even in magazine shoots. It gave me an idea of perhaps setting up my own stall in the future at some stage - watch this space. I continued to spend another 2 hours wandering around the markets , hunting through the myriad of vintage stores I found a few things , queue salmon red vintage Vivienne Westwood blazer 200pounds - no Deni say no - queue vintage american flag sequinned waistcoat 45pounds - no Deni too expensive for what it is and too camp say no - I was quite succesful in saying no , but had fun rummaging around though. I considered playing dress ups but its too cold After Camden Market I walked towards Regent Park , Regent Canal & Primrose Hill. All in the same general direction they were only a 10minute walk out of Camden & apparently quite nice spots to go visit so off I went Lady GaGa in ear, marching to the beat of my own drum! Now Primrose Hill is quite a lets say 'posh' area , its where Sienna Miller & Kate Moss live as well as many other a british socialite , the tabloids refer to them as the 'Primrose Hill Set'. Now not just because of that but seriously you guys I love Primrose Hill. The houses/units/apartments and the area itself are all so pretty and just feel like what London should feel like , I got to same sort of feeling as I did when I was in Notting Hill , they're just gorgeous areas. As I walked along Grosvenor Avenue I really liked these pastel coloured set of apartments. How cute are they.
Then I walked further up along to the actual 'Primrose Hill' which is surrounded by a park , a stylish mum - dressed in perfectly cut J Brand jeans , black cashmere turtle neck styled with a grey fur vest , soft leather riding boots and Mulberry bag resting on her elbow - walked hand in hand with her equally stylish little daughter in her trench coat and boots - how cute! Here's me..
I began to imagine living in an elegant sandstone apartment (no pastel colors for me just simple understated elegance) in Primrose Hill , design studio in the basement level of the house , off I go to pick up the kids from the private school around the corner in my Porsche Cayenne, then come home and start cooking dinner before Ben gets home from work while listening to Jay Z in our state of the art kitchen, the kids doing their homework upstairs in their gorgeous little bedrooms. Aah if only. I continued to walk out of the park and then across the road over the Primrose Hill Bridge which lead me out to Regent Park. It got a bit to doggy - there were dogs running around everywhere and we all know my fear for dogs - so I walked back to the bridge.
Under the bridge lay 'Regent Canal' a long canal that can actually lead you all the way from Camden Town to an area called Little Venice - i'm not sure how far it is exactly but its pretty far. I decided to go for a little walk along the canal , it was really peaceful , just me my ipod and the canal and it was that beautiful time of dusk where light steel peered through the orange of the tree's but you could feel night time was only a an hour away. It was quite beautiful and I kinda wished Ben was there (he worked today) because it was just a magical moment. Here's a photo I managed to get of myself , I sat it on something and set the timer! Just me and the river baby!
Barely half an hour after my walk night began to fall , its so crazy because it starts getting dark here at like 4.30pm so your days feel so short. Before getting onto the tube at Camden I did a spot of grocery shopping and then headed off home! I cooked myself some wedges with bacon and cheese for dinner - very unhealthy I know but I'm with all the walking I do I can afford to spoil myself occasionally - and now I sit here updating you guys on my life waiting for Ben to come home from work. Tomorrow we both have a day off :) I'm not sure what we're doing but whatever it is you know you'll hear it here first from me. Love you all - peace out xoxo Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment