Wednesday, February 17, 2010

M&M...McQueen & Martina

So who wakes up on a saturday morning, gets all fresh and ready for their day at work (DIESEL) trots in nice and early greeting everyone cheerily, only to be told he's not actually meant to be working and he has the weekend off - ME! WHAT AN IDIOT!!! As previously mentioned after going into work mistakenly I thought I'd make the most of this time to do a little wondering around. Ben's birthday was looming and altough I have been planning a suprise present for quite some time now , I decided I needed to buy something else he can hold on to in memory of his 27th Birthday. For Christmas I bought him an Alexander McQueen t-shirt and he has become quite the McQueen fan ever since I got here. So much so that the day after his death Ben bought himself an Alexander McQueen scarf - one I shall occassionally be borrowing let me tell you hehe since then he has been eyeing off a sketched eagle print McQueen t-shirt and I thought it'd be the perfect present. The only problem is It was sold out everywhere. Ben had finished work and I went to go pick him up and head towards the Alexander McQueen store , it had been closed for 2 days but now was open again. When we arrived there I was overwhelmed by what I saw...
...the store was full of flowers and condolence notes , notes to staff , friends and tribute notes to Alexander. It was also full of people , trying to get their last bits of McQueen's magic before it all sells out. We went downstairs to ask for the t-shirt that Ben was looking for but the sales assistants told us it was all sold out! Before we walked out I wrote a note in Mr.McQueen's honor to leave under the flowers. It read - You Inspired Me more than you'll ever know thankyou...you will be missed x Deni - we left the store and I walked Ben to the tube station , deciding to leave him so that I could scour London to try find this t-shirt somewhere. I decided to swing back by the store to have a proper look at all the peices. While I was in there I went back down to menswear, described the tee Ben wanted and begged him to check the stockroom and any where possible to find one for me. 15 minutes later he appeared with a t-shirt in hand informing me 'We only have a Medium left' - perfect , thats Ben size! I walked out a very happy boy , altough it was weird making perhaps my last purchase at McQueen , the girl infront of me had bought 2 scarves at once and my heart went out to all his stuff who were clearly in mourning! Here it is... I couldnt wait till his Birthday to give it to him so I gave it to him as soon as I got home - he was very excited to say the least! That night we headed out to Leicester Square for the going away drinks for Ben's friend Martina. It was really nice to hang out with Ben's work mates get to know them all a bit better and the white wine flowed nicely and many a laugh and convo was had! Here we are with Martina , she's such a fun girl and will be dearly missed by Ben and i'm quite upset i've just got to know her as she's leaving too :( notice Ben's new scarf on display hehe :)

It was quite an early night but a fun night had by all and by about 1am we were on the night bus home! xoxo Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment