Sunday, February 7, 2010

STYLIST TO THE STARS*

*well when I say stars I mean UK stars of coursen who you all may not know , but stars none the less hehe...

Hiya guys , so on Thursday I had quite the experience and have been meaning on writing a post since but have been a wee bit busy so time to fill you all in. Basically , a week ago my manager Michelle informed me that we were having a 'celebrity shopping event' - basically our PR team at Head Office organised the event , invited a selection of Celebrities to come to the store , try on our new season denim styles and then we gift them with a pair (or 2 , depending on how famous they are) jeans. What this does is maintain and build relationships between Diesel and its celebrity clientele boosting both the brand and the celebs' profile - are you all starting to understand a little more about the world of PR? This is what my world will soon revolve around...and quite the introduction it was. Michelle informed me last week that I was chosen to staff the event. It was being held in our VIP area on the basement floor of our store (as it is 3 levels). I was absolutley thrilled that I had been chosen of all the staff to do this as it was going to be a once in a lifetime opportunity of playing 'stylist to the stars'. I arrived at work fifteen minutes early to be greeted by our lovely PR rep from Head Office , Nikki. The two of us , little did I know , would make quite the team for the rest of the day. Along with Nikki were a few other girls from an exterior PR company and also a proffesional fashion photographer (who shoots spreads for Vogue & Style.com) to document the event. The PR girls arrived with Cupcakes, Champagne & Fiji water to be served to the celebs (and snacked on by us in between appointments). First to arrive was american moden Trish Goff - she's been on the cover of Vogue and has walked the runway for every designer you could think off. With her short pixie crop she was dressed in an AMAZING full length fur vest , jeans and white long sleeve - simple, luxurious, perfect! While the photographer was snapping away it became apparent that the white sheet our VM and I hung on the wall the night before , was not covering the wallpaper enough and needed to be addressed. Off I went on my first errand to the fabric store around the corner to buy 10pounds worth of white cotton to cover the wall. I literally ran up Bond St , cash in hand , dodging black-cabs on the road to try get there and back before the next lot of celebs arrived. When I came back with the fabric it was evident that 10pounds hadnt purchased a sufficient quantity to cover the wall, *which caused a slight frenzy* so off it was back to the fabric store company credit card in hand to purchase more. I ran back to the fabric store with the rude english woman standing behind the counter and a queue of people waiting to be served. 'Amazing' I thought - 'Just what I need' - 15minutes later and 5metres of fabric in hand I rushed back , risking my life multiple times will J-Running across the road weaving through both people and traffic to get back in time - only to be informed that the fabric was not going to now be needed - amazing! Never mind , soldier on , I thought and then UK Pop sensation 'The Saturdays' arrived - I personally am a huge fan of the girls & love their album so I was all smiles.
My favorite 'Saturday' Frankie (pictured above in the green dress and cropped hair) looked uber stylish in sky scraping Yves Saint Laurent heels , black tights , denim shorts , a navy blue blazer with white piping on all the edges (very preppy) and the same Alexander McQueen scarf as me *black and red* only in silk - tied in a bow around her neck. She was truly lovely as were all the girls as they posed for the photographer in their new Diesel Denim! Next up were the truly delightful Jade Parfitt (British Supermodel) and Jasmine Guinness (heiress of the Guinness fortune) - both dressed very low key - were an absolute pleasure to serve and as I got Jade into a few pairs of jeans , rolling up the sleeves on her t-shirt for the photographer she kept on saying 'Ooh how exciting I have my own personal stylist for the day funking up my look' - Amazing.
The two British BFF's were just so down to earth and really so much fun to work with. In between breaks I had a really good chat with the photographer - his name escapes me - but imagine a tall 30+ year old englishman with ginger combed-back hair and a ginger beard in a pair of dark blue jeans navy blue tee and vintage-look scarf. He told me how he started off as a freelance photographer and then ended up working with the likes of Style.Com & British Vogue. He told me to just keep on persisting ahead and I would make my dreams come true! Up next were the two Lennox girls (yes , Annie Lennox' daughters) Lola and Tali. They both came in seperatley and were both very different to each other. Lola was very casual in jeans and a hoody and Nike high tops , hair naturally curly in a pony tail - she was polite , down to earth and introverted. Tali came in rocking a glunge look (glamour-grunge) in black tights , cut off shorts , a 'Rocky Balboa' print Dolce & Gabbana t-shirt , studded leather jacket and hat. Brit-style fo sho!They were both lovely girls and both very cool in their own way. A few more celebrities came and went through out the day. We had Kelly Osbourne's 18 year old boyfriend/apparent-fiancee - with his bleach blonde hair he was pleasant enough and took some jeans to take home to Kelly (the same pair of ripped jeans I got the week before - how funny that me and Miss.Osbourne have the same pair of jeans) we also had So You think you Can Dance presenter Cat Deeley's boyfriend in - Jack Houston - who was down to earth and very cool and made sure he ok'd his denim selection with me '...do you think these are cool man' he asked hehe I clearly was loving that these people (throughout the whole day) were asking little old Denis from Gtown for fashion advice - pinch me or what! Last but certainly not least was my favorite appointment of the day. Tamsin Egerton - a girl I didnt know by name but knew of , she was in the movie St.Trinians and has done quite a lot of british TV and telemovies I'm told - however she was an absolute sweetheart - she slightly reminded me of Delta Goodrem too - but we chatted about everything from her 'geeky' boyfriend (her words) to some upcoming projects she's doing, skiing lessons she's taken and how she really doesnt like LA. She left with two pairs of jeans and was an absolute pleasure to work with - when she posed for the camera I was in absolute awe of how she so naturally started striking a myriad of poses like a true proffesional - a truly amazing girl!
She was so adorable while she was trying the jeans and tee's on she kept on saying 'Style me , make me cool' hehe as I turned up hems , folded sleeves and adjusted the waist of where the jeans should sit - she truly was just so down to earth and something tells me she could very well be the next Keira Knightley! Imagine she wins an Oscar one day and I can say 'I styled her' hehe it was all so surreal. The day ended with a big smile on my face and I was still pinching myself on the way home as I couldnt beleive how lucky I was to be given that opportunity - I feel like it was a slight introduction to what the next few months may be like. On the topic , I start my internship tomorrow - I cant tell you how nervous/excited I am - of course I'm debating constantly what to wear , but I just cant wait to walk out that door tomorrow and finally begin the make my fashion dreams a reality! Stay tuned people as i'm sure many more stories await xoxo Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment