Friday, October 9, 2009

CHARLES + CAMILLA = CHAMILLA

Hello Bloggers! So I woke up this morning to attend my BritBound Welcome Meeting. BritBound is a company that help any working-holiday Visa people , like me & Ben , get on there feet when they get to London, organise a UK Bank Account , set you up with job agencies and the like. They also plan heaps of social events as well. So that went for two hours and was kinda boring considering I already know most things about London thanks to Benny! It was funny because while Ben was waiting for me outside he got poo'd on by a bird...we've told him its good luck hehe. So next on the to-go-to list was Sloane Street. Home of luxury brands Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Dolce & Gabbana & the elite Department store Harvey Nichols.
It was when Ben spotted the Yves Saint Laurent boutique that I got a bit excited! For the longest time I've wanted a YSL tee shirt thats just a plain white tee with a velvet embossed YSL logo. It was a style they did years ago and then after Yves Saint Laurent's recent death , they re released it. I searched high and low through Paris for this tee but couldnt find it anywhere!!! We walked into the YSL store on Sloane St and were ushered to the menswear level downstairs. As I walked through the dark-lit store I turned to my left to a wall of tshirts. Right in the middle on the 2nd row was the tee I had so long been looking for! There was no SMALL left on display so I eagerly asked the man if he had any in stock and he replied "You're lucky we just had a delivery of new sizes..." he walked around the back and came pack with a size small just for me! I tried it on and didnt even think twice , SOLD! I can not wait to wear it , I'll wear it on its own , team it with a blazer , i'll throw a vest over it , i'll tuck it into jeans! Aaah cant wait! Here it is!
After my YSL experience , we went to Harvey Nichols an extremley amazingly cool department store. The Alexander McQueen range was amazing and I had to try so hard not to buy anything. Im saving up for my skull-scarf purchase! The womens clothes and shoes at HN were awesome too , I dragged Ben up there to have a gawk at the Christian Louboutin shoes! Can I just say, incase you havent noticed, London kicks Paris's butt when it comes to shopping - and thats a big statement to make - but it really does!!! After that we went to Harrods, sure its world renown and very famous but its range of clothes doesnt really float my boat to be honest! I much prefer Selfridges & Harvey Nichols. After the shopping Ben suprised me by taking me to Big Ben & Westminster Abbey , I squealed at the sight of Big Ben...really made me feel like I was in London.
So after this we walked through the really beautiful St. James Park , London has really gorgeous Park's i'm realising. Very green , not as many flowers or as pretty as the Tuilerie Gardens in Paris but still quite nice! After the walk through Ben took me to ... wait for it ... Buckingham Palace! It was so cool as again it was another one of those places that really makes you feel like you're in London! As we were crossing the road after we'd done looking at the Palace a herd of Police cars rushed through sirens blaring and then a police man on a motorbike stopped on the middle of a pedestrian crossing ordered everyone to stop with his whistle as cars drove past when I looked through the window it was Camilla Parker Bowles and Prince Charles. I squealed..."Ben it's Camilla & Charles" also known as 'Chamilla' hehe that was cool , even though I hate Camilla and think she's a dog ugly bitch face and could never be what Diana was , it was still cool to see a part of the Royal family! Anyway's here's a pic of me out the front of the palace.
*notice i'm wearing my new H&M scarf! I love it its like wrapping myself in a big warm cocoon. On the way back we went through to the Vivienne Westwood store - amazing I could spend some real cold hard cash in there - and we also went to the Abercrombie & Fitch store. Now interesting fact about A&F stores , they dont have any signage on their stores and it was pretty much the busiest store ive ever been in. The half naked male model that stands in the front of the entrance i'm sure helps , but it was just too full of boring pretty boy jocks and far too many people were in there but seriously all those girls needa calm down its like they've never seen abs before - get over it! No I was not one of the pathetic people to take a photo of him but I found the below picture on google for all you guys to see what I mean...
On the way home we went past the VOGUE office's again , Ben took me past yesterday as well. I've decided that on monday I am going to get dressed in the coolest outfit , bring my portfolio and print out my resume and write a letter to the editor of Vogue telling her that I belong there and will do anything absolutley anything for any kind of position in their offices! Sounds crazy I know but whats the worst they can do? Say No. I figure i'll give it a shot. Next stop to Canary Wharf , the business district of London & Ben's favorite area. It was quite cool , very modern , lots of skyscrapers , London's tallest building , which really isnt that tall! So I just ate dinner and we're still deciding whether we'll go out tonite? I miss all you gtown people back home but I've really made a conscieous decision to now more than ever follow my dreams and reach for the fashion sky here in London! Fingers crossed something comes my way! thats all from me for now xoxo Deni


1 comment:

  1. When I read that you want to try to get into fashion in London, my eyes beamed with pride. Denis never give up, I am SO fucking glad you're applying for Vivenne Westwood & Vogue, I know you will achieve your dreams somewhere along the line, it's only a matter of time until the right oppurtunity finds YOU ! ;) meanwhile I am loving that YSL tee - simple yet brilliantly effective - and that's so cool they have BritBound to help you out over there ! Love how you saw Camilla and such a pisser about how you think she's a scrag, too funny, I laughed a bit at that. Also, soo interesting that you find Paree's shopping to be lesser than London's, that surprised me !
    Loving reading still, keep posting big bro :) xxx

    ReplyDelete