Thursday, October 8, 2009

SHOPPING IN LONDON TOWN!

Hiya! So for my first day in London town Ben decided to take me on my first shopping expedition! The morning started off fantastically - picture this - me walking up the escalators - yes a moving escalator - then tripping on the escalator , face planted and bumping the woman next to me! Pure class! I laughed my head off , it wouldnt be a day in the life of Deni without some kind of fall! So first stop was Starbucks where I ordered my Tall Mocha Frappacino - which has soon become my new addiction - thanks Ben!
Selfridges & Co on Oxford Street. A department store to rival all department stores! Think of all the labels I love - Alexander McQueen , Balenciaga , Vivienne Westwood , Christian Dior , John Galliano - and this only just skims the surface of how amazing this department store is. The amount of new cool brands/labels I discovered , was heaven!

High on my shopping wishlist from Selfridges is an incredible , armour inspired ring by Vivienne Westwood - its a peice i'll definitley be investing in! After Selfridges aka Heaven , we headed down Bond Street to Alexander McQueen , Louis Vuitton , Emporio Armani and the like.

The Alexander McQueen store was amazing and the clothes and accessories all incredibly lustworthy , a few peices i'll have to save for. However the service was terrible, you know people say the French are rude , so far i'm deciding the English are ruder. Everyone was generally really nice and pleasant and helpful in Paris , so the English are ruder on my list so far. On the way to Bond Street we stumbled across this really cool art installation/sculpture type thing right in the middle of an old square - it was really cool it was like heaps of mirrored bubbles kind of!
We also walked along Regent Street which I thought was quite beautiful because its still all heritage buildings that havent been tarnished by modern architecture. Its just a long windy street full of high end and low end fashion stores in the original heritage buildings that I think is really really cool.Next stop was London's high-street mecca also knows as TOPSHOP or in my case TOPMAN! This is another shopping destination I could spend hours in just playing dress ups and having fun! Its not as cheap as you'd imagine but still is very reasonable and has sooo much to offer men! Thankyou Europe! I bought a really cool studded t shirt of a print from what I think is the rock band 'The Doors' , previous to the t-shirt I bought a really cool big chunky woolen oversized scarf from another High-Street megastore H&M (oh how i've missed H&M). I cant wait to wear this scarf with a plain white tee and black skinny's! The t-shirt cost me 20pounds and the scarf only 12pounds! Such bargains and very cool peices!
Last on the shopping map was a tube's ride away out to Westfield! Now this does not compare to Westfield in good ol' Bay City Plaza - this Westfield has a Louis Vuitton, Prada, Miu Miu, Dior, Versace, Tiffany & Co, Hermes - I mean there's nothing it doesnt have and ranges from high end to cheap as chips quick-fashion stores like H&M!

Suffice to say it was quite a successful first day of shopping! Many more shopping adventures are to come! Take care y'all xoxo Deni

1 comment:

  1. awww I LOVE London. I went went when I was ten and I loved all the scenery and the beautiful buildings, I'm sure I would enjoy a lot more now with the shopping and all hehe. It's so amazing how much you've experienced already Denis and so much of this is relating to what you love so much. I'm so proud and happy for you.
    Take care Denis :)
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete