Monday, October 19, 2009

DIESEL & DIOR!

Good Evening (altough its currently morning for all you aussie's so goodmorning to y'all)! I've had quite an interesting day. This morning was spent mostly lazying about doing a lot of nothing , as I was waiting for a call from Selfridges regarding the interview I was supposed to be having. At around 1.30pm my phone rang and as the UK number came up on my screen I was sure it was regarding a job. "Hello Denis Speaking" - I answered (what a dork). "Yes Denis , its Michelle here from Diesel. I'm calling to offer you a job at our flagship store as per your group interview last week". I automatically jumped out of my slouchy sitting style and sat upright. "Wow thats fantastic I most happily accept" , "Great , when you can come in for a little chat" , "I'll be in this afternoon" - and with that I was up and off my bed and headed straight to the wardrobe. I wanted to go for a kind of preppy-cool-laidback-casual-but-stylish look. So I opted for a little grey shirt , paired with a grey v neck wool sweater , raw denim skinny jeans. Added to the mix a black skinny tie little brooch and my patent tie up shoes & I was good to go. I hopped on the tube and took the very short tube ride to 'Oxford Circus' - man going to work is gonna be a breeze , i thought. Its literally 15mintues on the tube. Awesome. I hopped off and headed straight to see Ben at work and pick up a hot Mocha to go. It was a little nippy today so too cold for my normal Mocha Frap! Coffee in hand I set off to go to Diesel. Now the store on Bond Street (also the street that carries Armani, Dolce & Gabbana , Mulberry and is around the corner from Vuitton) is the flagship store for London. Meaning its 'the' store. The top of the range , best selection of the collection and a Diesel landmark. Diesel has its normal Diesel range , its luxury Black/Gold range and a range called 'Diesel Gallery' which is limited edition one of a kind peices. This store caters all these collections plus also has a VIP floor (on the basement) for VIP customers, private shopping sessions etc. My new manager Michelle greeted me. Picture a short-ish irish woman with firey red hair flowing down past her shoulders , with a strong fastly spoken irish accent who's basically one of the bubblies, extroverted, nices people I've met. She welcomed me with open arms and said "Omg I am so excited you were my first choice and pick of the crop , I fought with the other manager to have you working at my store instead of his" - she was so sweet , so down to earth and basically was willing to accomodate all of my requests, holidays, flexibility to do internships and also added the possibility of doing internships at the Diesel head office. She even suggested that she will co-ordinate my roster with Ben's so that we have the same days off , she's just too cute! The best part was when she told me I have a 500pound clothing allowance to buy a wardrobe of Diesel clothes to wear to work. So basically I start tomorrow and the first hour will be spent shopping! Am I loving this or what? Well since I start tomorrow , I thought to myself , I need to find somewhere to get my eyebrows waxed. So I headed to Selfridges because didnt know where else to go. I went to their men's personal grooming service and paid 18pounds (nearly 40bucks) to get my eyebrows shaped and pampered. I told the young girl I was new to London and she told me not to come back to Selfridges again and gave me the details of where to go so I can get a 5pound wax done , just as good! She was so cute and friendly and very helpful. So I felt like killing sometime so I went up to the Dior section to live a fantasy and try on a jumper I was eyeing off in Paris. Thick Black wool encrusted with black wooden-type beads almost on the top half of the jumper. This peice was designed with me in mind i'm sure of it , only way out of my price range. At 1,000pounds I definitley wont be purchasing it anytime soon , but it doesnt cost to try it on. Here's a pic...
Isnt it amazing. Its pure poetry is what it is and I am in love with it. Ah well - one day I'll be able to afford this stuff hehe so i quickly caught up with B on his break and then got the tube home to Brixton. I'm just sitting here typing this up and waiting for Benny to get home from work. I'm really looking forward to starting at Diesel, I just have a really good feeling about it and think it'll be heaps of fun! Nite everyone xoxo Deni

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations gorgeous, I am so proud of you
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww Denis I am extremely happy for you, everything is working out so well and so smoothly, it is all meant to be :) Congratulations on getting the job at Diesel it's so awesome that your manager is working around you and your needs, that is so so nice and so cute! I LOVE the jumper you tried on by the way, I love the intricate detail of the beading, WOW!
    This is all so amazing, take care always Deni. Much love
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete