Monday, October 12, 2009

A LONG WALK THROUGH LONDON TOWN!

Hiya! So yesterday Benny took me for another walk across London town! We walked to the tube station and as the tube arrived Ben quickly ran on me following behind as he got in the tube the doors started to close , i freaked out so I jammed my foot into the tube door to keep it open (thank god I was wearing my sturdy leso boots) that didnt help however and the doors forced me to pull out my boot and close! What the? What was I going to do I thought - thankfully 2 seconds later the doors reopened and I quickly jumped on! I was feeling a bit homesick so he took me to what's become my new 'happy place' - Selfridges & Co.


I dont have to even purchase anything , but the moment I walk through those revolving doors (you know the ones you push in and go round in circles in) I take in the smells of all the designer perfumes & colognes walk through the accessories passing my beautiful leather-friends at Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Marc Jacob & Yves Saint Laurent - a soothing calmness comes over me! Its like a drug hehe. We strolled along and had a look around. Benny's been waiting for a new phone to come out so we went to his happy place - the electronics department - but it still doesnt seem to be out. After our Selfridges walk we grabbed some lunch and went and sat in Grosvenor Square , its a really lovely park/square in a nice posh area of London. The autumn leaves covered the grass and we sat on a park bench , it kind of reminded me of that scene in Notting Hill when Julia Roberts is sitting on the park bench with Hugh Grant.

Ben took me to this park with a reason - just around the corner was the Marc Jacobs store - a store I hadnt yet visited and eagerly wanted to. We walked in lusting over all the peices! So many cool things , but luckily for me I only took a certain amount of money with me so I wasnt allowed to purchase anything (yet).
I got Ben a really cool tee. Basically Marc Jacobs has designed a line of tshirts with the slogan 'protect the skin you're in' written over it. He asked various celebrities, models, actors to pose naked on the tee's and all the proceeds from the t-shirts go towards a cancer charity. Ben's favorite model is Milla Jovovich and she just happens to be on one of the t-shirts. The t-shirt was also Green - Ben's favorite color so it worked out great!


There's a tee with my favorite Miss Victoria Beckham on it , however its a kind of pinkish-purple color and i still cant decide whether I like the color or not so we'll see? There's a cool white one with a picture of Naomi Campbell on it but I feel like I have so many white t-shirts so maybe an injection of color is a good thing? I dunno? After that we walked through Picadilly circus where I got my picture taken next to this famous Picadilly Circus location - its a bit Time Square-esque but not quite as big as New York's is. Still its pretty cool and Ben says its even cooler at night time so we shall wait and see...

After that Ben took me to a place I still hadn't been to - the world famous Trafalgar Square (all these names will be familiar as per the Monopoly game board hehe) It was quite cool , twobig fountains with statues around them and lots of people.
That was pretty much it for yesterday. Hope you enjoyed this report xoxo Deni
p.s how cute's my retro Mickey Mouse jumper! Loves it!

1 comment:

  1. it's the CUTEST jumper ever! I'm going to steal it off you haha :P

    ReplyDelete