Wednesday, October 7, 2009

PARIS DAY TWO!

Day Two of our Parisian experience revolved around Ben's Mecca otherwise known as the Louvre. I've never seen the boy smile so much :) It was a truly amazing experience that involved many many stairs.
The Louvre should come with the sidenote - this will be a fantastic work out for your ass hehe. For those of you who know Ben , you'll know he's obsessed with Egyptian history. The egyptian artificats were truly incredible and with Ben as my tourguide/historian it was fantastic to actually know what each thing meant.
The Mona Lisa , is really not that great and I've seen it before , somehow I thought the second time around it might be more awe-inspiring but the truth is its tiny! The Egyptian artificats were by far the highlight of the Louvre for me!
After the Louvre we spent the area in Saint Germain Des Pres! God I love that area , its one of my favorites in Paris. Just quintessentially Parisienne. We bought crepes , sat in a park and visited Saint Sulpice - the following monument.The night ahead we were quite lukcy as Paris has its annual festival called 'Nuit Blanche' which means a white night. Basically many light installations take place around Paris and some are held inside landmarks and monuments. For example we visited a light installation & mini-movie at Notre Dame. My favorite light installation was the following called LCD, it was basically an advertisement for a new TV but I thought it was fantastic.


Yet another great day in Paris xoxo Deni


No comments:

Post a Comment