Monday, October 19, 2009

SATURDAY - CAMDEN MARKETS & COVENT GARDEN!

Hiya! So on Saturday we set out to go for an explore of a very famous London area and a 'must-do' on everyones hit list while visiting London. The Camden Markets in 'Camden Town'. Camden itself is quite a cool little area about 20 minutes on the tube I think it was all up from Brixton to Camden. We hopped off the tube and I could already feel the cool chills - I was just in a t-shirt. You'd think by now i would always remember to bring a jumper of some sort but no I forgot. With nothing but my scarf for warmth we setted out on a mission to find Shane some boots.
There were heaps of really cool vintage stalls , but considering the markets are open 7 days a week I figure i'll just go back sometime this week and have a bit of a hunt myself for some cool peices. Just an interesting little fact as well, the supermodel Lily Donaldson (who I happened to bump into in Paris 3 weeks ago) is from Camden Town - no wonder she can rock a vintage jacket like a true champion! We found Shane her boots and it was then off for a bit of an explore where we found a few cool stores , then onto the tube to hit Covent Garden Markets. Covent Garden square is actually really cool its one of my favorite little districts in London. It has this very kind of old-school meets quirky vintage feel about it. I really like it. On the weekends the cobbled stoned lanes of the square are filled with street performers. Pink Speedo wearing Uniciyclists , those dudes who spray themself silver and pretend to be statues. Michael Jackson wannabe-dancers - the lot! Covent Garden seriously though has some quirky little stores & I really like it.

While I was strolling around freezing my ass off I purchased a grey animal-print hoody from H&M for only 5 pounds. I dont normally do animal print but its a cool kind of print and animal print has been popping up alot on the menswear over here so I thought i'd give it a go in a casual-cool way first. Its a bit of fun and for 5Pounds I was like 'hey why not'.
So after all that we came home to eat our awesome 2pound pepporoni pizza. We were in the supermarket looking for quick easy dinner options and when me and ben spotted the ready to cook pizza for 1.97 we were like "done , perfect" and omg it tasted so good!!! We went out that night to 'The Walkabout' another aussie pub , out in an area called Shepherd's Bush. Drank too much wine , lots of shots and danced around with a group of aussie girls who were all on a hens night. Fun had by all. Catch the next entry for sunday's update xoxo Deni


No comments:

Post a Comment