Wednesday, October 7, 2009

PARIS DAY ONE!




So my plane trip was fairly hassle free , the 7kg overweight suitcase got pushed through without a hitch (what can I say I dont do light-packing) and apart from a little pleasant and an old man with B.O sitting next to me , the flight was quite pleasant. Once I arrived to London town to meet Ben & Shane (my new kiwi housemate - Shane's a girl btw hehe) at the airport , it was off to home and then only a sleep until me and Ben left for Paris. It started quite early we had to get up at 3am to get our early train , we missed our bus to the station so thanks to a fast driving - Maroon 5 singing - taxi driver we got tho our train on time.

Once we got to Paris we went for a big wander round , it was quite overwhelming. Within half an hour we accidentally bumped into Rue Cambon , the street that houses the Chanel headquarters. Even though i've seen it before it was still incredibly overwhelming.

One major bonus point of the time we were in Paris is that it was Fashion Week. With the program etched in my mind we headed over to the Tuilerie Gardens (which are amazing but more on that later) as the Dior show was due to start at 2pm. As we got there celebrities , fashion editors and the rest of the fashion pack arrived in throngs. We first spotted red head Grace Coddington (Anna Wintour - editor of Vogues - second in charge). We also saw hearth-throb Adrian Grenier star of Entourage , he was really casual dressed simply in jeans top and scarf & down to earth smiling to fans and paparazzi ...
The highlight for me however was seeing someone ive been obsessed with since I was 16 - the Editor of French Vogue - Carine Roitfield - she's the french Anna Wintour but edgier. When I saw her tears welled up in my eyes. I was so overwhelmed , i've looked up to her for so long. It was a truly goosebump experience. I couldn't beleive she was infront of me.
We had lunch in the Tuilerie gardens which I loved its just such a beautiful garden. We had baguettes and sat by a big patch of grass surrounded my beautiful trees full of amber orange autumn leaves. After checking into our hotel we had a rest and that in the evening we went to the Notre Dame and walked through the Latin Quarter , a very lively area of Paris and the area we were staying in. It was an amazing first day in my favorite City!


Day one complete now lets move on to day two xoxo Deni



No comments:

Post a Comment